Dominique Ducharme. Interim head coach of the Habs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
He's actually just stupid.
That's accurate.

Never learned who to ice on 3v3 like 7 times. (luckily finally managed to win 3v3s by playing boring gameplay)
Sends veteran over kids when the season is over and the games remaining don't even matter.
Sends the wrong goalie at the wrong moment
Can't make any single change during a game
In love with his veterans , He plays Staal like he's Mcdavid.
His powerplay system is the same garbage as Julien.
Still plays lord Selker more icetime than KK , still gives him wingers that Danault can't feed for shit.
Everytime habs gets scored , rds shows Ducharme who thinks every goals is not good and review it.

I f***ing hate Ducharme. Fraud coach

Rass

Apr 7, 2006
rhlsim.tripod.com
True, and I agree a lack of talent is hurting right now.... but why didn't he call a timeout after the 2nd f***ing goal, and you know.. talk to them? He's a complete f***ing idiot, that is why. No balls, can't show the boys who the boss is, and should go back to jr hockey where he can yell at kids. If he at least tries to calm the kid in the net down with a timeout, its a different game. But nope, he just lets the kid stay in there like an idot, facing the wrath of a team that has no idea how to play in their own end.

I hate DD as a head coach, but...

You do realize the second goal was so close to the next TV break it would not have made any sense to waste a timeout? No point in wasting that valuable timeout which might be useful at the end of the game if the team came back when there's basically a free timeout coming up.

Keeping Primeau in net for 20 minutes was also a good call. While it was obvious the kid was off his game, with Carey Price injured it was wise not to put Allen cold in the middle of the game. Let him properly warm up for the second period.

Reactions: swimmer77

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
What I don't get is all the posters here who were hoping this guy would become an assistant coach with us and then thrilled when he was named. I value the opinion of specific posters on this board and often the hive brain calls it right, though also subject to extreme hysteria. What happend ? How so wrong? I mean yes his hands are tied in ways, but in others he has freedom of choice, and his choices don't seem to be good. So what gives ?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I hate DD as a head coach, but...

You do realize the second goal was so close to the next TV break it would not have made any sense to waste a timeout? No point in wasting that valuable timeout which might be useful at the end of the game if the team came back when there's basically a free timeout coming up.

Keeping Primeau in net for 20 minutes was also a good call. While it was obvious the kid was off his game, with Carey Price injured it was wise not to put Allen cold in the middle of the game. Let him properly warm up for the second period.

He could have called a timeout just to let the kid refocus, but old numbnuts hasn't called a timeout at any point since he got here, has he? I don't care he wasn't yanked right away, but at least call a timeout after 2 goals that quickly and regroup the troops. The man is a complete fool.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

HalfFull

Apr 30, 2021
True, and I agree a lack of talent is hurting right now.... but why didn't he call a timeout after the 2nd f***ing goal, and you know.. talk to them? He's a complete f***ing idiot, that is why. No balls, can't show the boys who the boss is, and should go back to jr hockey where he can yell at kids. If he at least tries to calm the kid in the net down with a timeout, its a different game. But nope, he just lets the kid stay in there like an idot, facing the wrath of a team that has no idea how to play in their own end.

I agree I think he should’ve let primeau play Ottawa and play Allen against Toronto but I assume he thought Carey would be ready for Saturday.

however he totally should’ve called a timeout after the 2nd goal. You know your team is playing flat, it’s the time to regroup and refocus.

I don’t want to use this as an excuse but playing a game every other night or back to back for the last 5 weeks is totally abnormal as athletic as these guys are it’s a strain on the body, hence the many injuries. Hopefully in the playoffs when our boys are rested and have even ground on the enemy we can play to our true form.

I know it’s a cliche but you’re never as bad as your worst game and your never as good as your great ones either. The habs definitely have a lot to prove this playoffs and I got one am excited. Hopefully we can have a healthy roster once it starts and we’ll let the chips fall into their place.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
It would be different if he was making the right decisions and losing, but he's honestly making some very questionable and just downright stupid moves behind the bench. It seems like he's outcoached every game and is honestly just trying to throw shit at the wall every night just hoping it sticks.

He's got to go. No way has he showed anything that would even make me considering bringing him back as HC next season.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
What I don't get is all the posters here who were hoping this guy would become an assistant coach with us and then thrilled when he was named. I value the opinion of specific posters on this board and often the hive brain calls it right, though also subject to extreme hysteria. What happend ? How so wrong? I mean yes his hands are tied in ways, but in others he has freedom of choice, and his choices don't seem to be good. So what gives ?

I do think he wasn't ready for the job, he didn't had a lot of experience in the pros and he was never a HC in the pros.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Is it just me or does this guy have a permanent "deer in the headlights" look to him? That would explain a lot.

...look who he was learning from:

Clod.gif

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
MB is going to get a fourth coach? While not the most rope of any NHL GM, why does he deserve it? Nothing, but nothing to show for it.

You gotta give him credit, he keeps bringing up new excuses and finding new people to fire, to cover his blunders. Even though I believe Bergevin is a total and complete fool, incapable of planning more than 2 steps into the future, Molson is obivously a bigger one.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
You gotta give him credit, he keeps bringing up new excuses and finding new people to fire, to cover his blunders. Even though I believe Bergevin is a total and complete fool, incapable of planning more than 2 steps into the future, Molson is obivously a bigger one.

Molson doesn't give a rat's arse as long as the money keeps coming in...

Reactions: Runner77 and Habs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad