Dominik Volek - Regina Pats - 2012 Eligible

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Wow this kid is flying under the radar. Had the chance to watch him again last night and he was extremely impressive.

Great skater, very good acceleration, able to carry the puck at full speed, good vision, good shot, plays with an edge, loves to hit.

Was trying to think of a good comparison and the one I came up with was something along the lines of a smaller Rick Nash. He really isn't afraid to try and play somewhat of a powerforward role.

Here's an old blog post I did on him:

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.com/2011/10/officially-on-radar-dominik-volek.html

At this point I think he could climb into the 2nd round. Very exciting player.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
For some visuals, here's him scoring a goal last winter for his Czech National team:

Gives you a good view of his skating, explosiveness and puck handling abilities...all of which have taken that next step in his development this year.

DangerMan

@danlizee
Jun 4, 2007
Edmonton
whlthoughts.blogspot.com
No replies eh? ;) You'll all see!

I'll throw in a comment here and say he has a good all around game. Good enough to be a good 2nd liner at the next level. I havent seen the dynamic part of his game that you have, at least not yet, but I'd say he's definitely "on the radar". Regina has a lot of good pieces on their team this year, so its easy for him to get caught up in that. He's a good player and a good piece for Regina to have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->