Prospect Info: Dominik Bokk (2018 Draft - 25th overall)

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I vote that his nickname be "The Maestro" or "Maestro" for short. Can't wait to see him conducting the play out their for the Note.

nMtpvU.gif

Reactions: shifting

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

JR tweet saying B.Armstrong said Bokk's comparable is Ehlers. Interesting. We could definitely use that kind of game breaking speed. I don't see him as near that fast although he gets up to speed quickly and can make plays at speed. His top end is nowhere near Ehlers, from what I have seen.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I like the pick, even though he's far away from joining The Blues' "varsity". He's played only 15 games in The SHL. That's really the only high-level competition he's played in. He needs to learn to play tougher, harder and smarter without the puck, and learn to play defence. He's at least 3 years away (maybe 4). I think he made a mistake by turning down Prince Albert of The WHL, and choosing Sweden. He needs to play a couple more Juniors years at a high level. He's got tonnes of offensive hockey sense and loads of skills (especially shooting and stickhandling). He's got tremendous acceleration, which despite his above average (but not excellent) long distance skating speed, elevates his overall skating level into the "good" classification.

He should have been taken in the 17-20 area. So, Bill Armstrong did well. It's not a problem that he'll take 3 years + to join The Blues, because The Blues have plenty of good young RWers. In 3 years, they'll need his combination of skill and entry-level low salary. I'm fine with the pick and loss of pick #76, given who was left on the board.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
He’s currently 6’1 160 lbs. wonder if he’ll grow any more? And hopefully his frame can add weight.

Vile01001

Jun 23, 2018
Växjö is My local team and with that the team i support, i watch Every game in the arena or at home. Bokk is A sick talent, in My opinion he might be just as Good as Elias Pettersson in the atleast 2019-2020 season. He is really, really Good. I think you guys have gotten A steal here. His stickhandling and skills is INSANE, better than Elias.
He isn't that fast and is pretty weak But i think that he for sure is going to be A first line player in the NHL at some point, i Can see him become A 80 point per season player. You notice Bokk more in the shifts than you notice elias.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
He’s currently 6’1 160 lbs. wonder if he’ll grow any more? And hopefully his frame can add weight.
Currently, he doesn't look like he weighs as low as 160. And he's been listed as 180 on every list I've seen recently. I think that 160 figure is from 2 years ago. Sometimes they exaggerate the figure to help their cause. But, I dought that he's under 175.

Reactions: Mike Liut

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Växjö is My local team and with that the team i support, i watch Every game in the arena or at home. Bokk is A sick talent, in My opinion he might be just as Good as Elias Pettersson in the atleast 2019-2020 season. He is really, really Good. I think you guys have gotten A steal here. His stickhandling and skills is INSANE, better than Elias.
He isn't that fast and is pretty weak But i think that he for sure is going to be A first line player in the NHL at some point, i Can see him become A 80 point per season player. You notice Bokk more in the shifts than you notice elias.

Thanks for the details. I don't mind that he's weak right now, because that just shows that he's been able to succeed so far despite his weakness. Every player can add some weight and get stronger.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO

Feel free to come back and give us updates any time! We could use a Swedish presence on this forum...

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Just from watching what little I can currently find he seems very much like Kyrou with a better release and maybe a little better puck handling/dangling. He also seems to have a pick pocket like attribute but I suspect that he is inconsistent in how he uses it.

Reactions: STLBLUES44

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
The attention seems to be on his moves, but his release looks outstanding.

Also weird how NBC had him scouted. Talked about improving his speed while Bill Armstrong really talked up his skating and how he can "fly." And Craig Button said he likes to use his body/size to create space inside where he can score goals, but from what I can tell, he's not big or physical and he gets inside via skill and skating. It's like he was such a fast riser that we're getting unusually lumpy reports for a guy who was also considered maybe a bit of a faller.
I agree, he has a very good shot.

I don't think the average fan here understands how much of a **** show scouting actually is. Even good talent evaluators can come away with notably different impressions of the same prospect, and you're probably not seeing a guy like this play that many times, so your impressions can also vary significantly based on which games you happen to catch.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

He’s not very fast and he’s weak?

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
The attention seems to be on his moves, but his release looks outstanding.

Also weird how NBC had him scouted. Talked about improving his speed while Bill Armstrong really talked up his skating and how he can "fly." And Craig Button said he likes to use his body/size to create space inside where he can score goals, but from what I can tell, he's not big or physical and he gets inside via skill and skating. It's like he was such a fast riser that we're getting unusually lumpy reports for a guy who was also considered maybe a bit of a faller.
Noticed the same thing as well. It was a bit strange.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I like the pick, even though he's far away from joining The Blues' "varsity". He's played only 15 games in The SHL. That's really the only high-level competition he's played in. He needs to learn to play tougher, harder and smarter without the puck, and learn to play defence. He's at least 3 years away (maybe 4). I think he made a mistake by turning down Prince Albert of The WHL, and choosing Sweden. He needs to play a couple more Juniors years at a high level. He's got tonnes of offensive hockey sense and loads of skills (especially shooting and stickhandling). He's got tremendous acceleration, which despite his above average (but not excellent) long distance skating speed, elevates his overall skating level into the "good" classification.

He should have been taken in the 17-20 area. So, Bill Armstrong did well. It's not a problem that he'll take 3 years + to join The Blues, because The Blues have plenty of good young RWers. In 3 years, they'll need his combination of skill and entry-level low salary. I'm fine with the pick and loss of pick #76, given who was left on the board.

I agree. Would've like him going to the WHL as well. He really hasn't played against much competition of yet. Curious to see how his skillset translates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->