Confirmed Signing with Link: Domingue (rfa) sign 2 year contract with Tampa(AAV $1.15 million)

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Words cannot express how awful he was in 2017 but I hope he continues to put it back together, I'm a fan.
0-6 on your club.
7-3 on our club.

He's good and cheap. Can't really see the problem.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
He was a good backup for us and that contract is solid. I quite like our tandem of Vasilevski and Domingue for next season.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Nice, he's a solid backup

Hope so. I'll be happy for him and Tampa if he can do the job. But he sunk the Coyotes season almost by himself. The 0-6 record doesn't look bad enoug. Plus the losses from the 3rd stringer were only because he couldn't be trusted to start a game.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
He was good for us last year. Hopefully he continues. Need our backup to be good to give Vasi a rest. In fact I think a reason he didnt win the Vezina was because of the load he had last year. I think he got a bit winded late in the season. We were even asking to let Domingue start when we were in a race for first in the east. Anyways, glad hes back. Hope he gets more starts.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
0-6 on your club.
7-3 on our club.

He's good and cheap. Can't really see the problem.

It's interesting because every time it looks like he's playing his way out of the league some time passes and as he gets his "final" chance to fight for a job he plays his best hockey.

Even last year he was terrible when Smith was out but then later on in the season he had some great games when (his own words) he was fighting for his life.

Better hope he doesn't turn into crap again now that there's some security.

Reactions: SniperHF

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Words cannot express how awful he was in 2017 but I hope he continues to put it back together, I'm a fan.

He did very well in our AHL affiliate after he came to us, which is probably why he was called up when Budaj got injured. Was solid for us as Vasy's back up down the stretch. Perhaps he just needed a change of scene and/or different goalie coaching? Who knows? As has been often said, goalies are voodoo. You never know what's going to work with one as opposed to another. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad