TSN: Dominant Kings looking like Cup contenders again

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Absolute tops by a good margin in CF%, 25th in PDO. 5.64% shooting, 28th in league. Something's gotta give.

Still trending up.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
23777412795_2ba5d5dc5c_b.jpg

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Agreed. But I think we overemphasize the inefficiency around here; say what you want about the low shooting %, the fact is the time we spend on offense is tiring for the other team. Think of how often, even in the last couple of crappy games, the opposing team only got a chance to cross the red line, dump, and change vs. really set up shop. It's built to wear down an opponent and THAT is why we're effective in the playoffs, we're not winning on sheer talent alone

Last night, I can only think of a couple of shifts where the Sens set up shop. All their offense came from bad turnovers, not sustained pressure.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
God ****ing damnit this article is the kiss of death. **** you TSN.

Nah, all it will take is MTL to win two in a row and the Kings are forgotten, which is fine by me. Let's just keep quietly winning our division and let the east get a the press.

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
You should put little arms on the NHL logo reaching for the cup.

****. Hadn't thought of that, but I originally was planning to have the logos of the losing Stanley Cup finalists in both years being smacked back down by a free arm from the Hawk/King guy while the other arm was ready to throw the Cup like a football.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Last night, I can only think of a couple of shifts where the Sens set up shop. All their offense came from bad turnovers, not sustained pressure.

The Sens were pretty solid on the forecheck, so some of those turnovers came as a result of that pressure without the puck. They targeted Doughty, and the other d-men were off too. When you get 5 goals on just 21 shots, you don't really have to do too much more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad