• W. Nylander

Votes: 94 86.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Nylander slightly, because of contract.

They're really close though in terms of value. Depending on team needs/what you like more.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Nylander.

He scores more goals and has more consistent level of production. Domi plays with a better "edge" but his production is all over the place.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Nylander by a slight margin. He has better numbers but he has A LOT more support/better teammates, is paid more, and lacks the physicality that Domi brings.

the question of who produced more is obviously easily Nylander, but all other factors help Domi make it close. In the end I’d still take Nylander tho

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Nylander by a decent margin.

Ive seen one havs fan claim hes just as good. Just one. Toolegit or something. You might get a few more habs fans claiming this vut thats about all. This poll will go 100% nylander among non habs fans.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Value? Nylander no doubt.

Better player? Max Domi, he got the talent but with more grit than Nylander.

There's grit and then there's functional grit. Domi isn't very efficient in leveraging his physicality to create higher percentage chances than other players get. If you look at the numbers, Nylander is one of the most successful players in the league through the "dirty" areas even though he never initiates physically, just because he's got great positioning and puck protection skills.

Domi's got a dimension Nylander lacks, for sure. I just don't know how much value it actually adds to his game though.

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
Nylander easily but if Domi can shoot at a 30% clip it’s closer plus you can’t forget about the intangible that is “grit”

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think what Domi signs for will determine the answer of this poll. He is a proven 72 point player and he did it an entire year at Center. Whom most would regard as more value. Also he has a lot more bite in his game. Nylander is talented, but until I see him break some eggs when he goes into corners, he is abit soft and that is question mark for me in the playoffs.

Reactions: Luckylarry

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I don't see why the gap is so big in voting. Domi hit a career high last year similar to what Nylander paced this year. It's a tough call, but I'm taking Nylander by a small margin.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Close. I picked Nylander but I don’t think there’s a big gap. If Domi played with Matthews and on the much more offensive minded Leafs he’d put up similar numbers to Nylander imo.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
I think what Domi signs for will determine the answer of this poll. He is a proven 72 point player and he did it an entire year at Center. Whom most would regard as more value. Also he has a lot more bite in his game. Nylander is talented, but until I see him break some eggs when he goes into corners, he is abit soft and that is question mark for me in the playoffs.
one season over 52 points isn't a proven 72 point center.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
What’s of more value: second line centre, or second line winger?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
There are always specific goal posts you must think Leafs players need to go through when it comes to their accomplishments.

In the 2018-19 season you called Nylander overpaid because he only put up 27 points making $10.2 million since Dubas pro rated his salary.

However this past season when he scores a new career high of 31 goals in 68 games and was on track for a new career high in points you want to ignore all that.

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
Need to see Domi's next contract to make a fair assessment.

Nylander is the better offensive player for sure but he has a lot of defensive short comings. Domi isn't an offensive stud but he definitely can grind and check with the best of the league.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
No really very close, Nylander by a margin.
This should be a pretty lopsided poll.
Has a player ever received zero votes? This could be a contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad