Proposal: Domi to Winnipeg

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I wouldnt trade Domi except for a great offer. The reason of his fall is clearly that we cant give him legit linemates. Even if Drouin would be healthy, the 3rd man isnt that great.

something like Heinola + 1st is requested

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
There's no deal to be made between Winnipeg and Montreal for forwards. Petry is the only piece that interests us, but none of our core forwards (Connor, Ehlers, Laine, Wheeler, Scheifele, Lowry, Copp) are moving for him. Roslovic is probably the only player that I can see the Jets moving, even though he's got a ton of potential.

Reactions: hn777

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
What are Montreal's needs? I wouldn't mind taking a flyer out on Domi if he is available.

We have prospects, but no first round pick this year in Vancouver, but is there a position of need as far as roster or prospects go?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I would do a 1st (not a top 10 pick) and good forward prospect (depending how good the pick is) for Domi as the Jets. I wouldn’t trade any of the Jets forward core for him, too much of a lateral move. I wouldn’t trade one of the Jets top D prospects for him either, Jets need D prospects. You trade from positions of strength for positions of need. So giving up a forward prospect is fine but can’t give up D.

Reactions: Huffer and Gains

Im Marc Bergevin

Feb 15, 2020
P
I would do a 1st (not a top 10 pick) and good forward prospect (depending how good the pick is) for Domi as the Jets. I wouldn’t trade any of the Jets forward core for him, too much of a lateral move. I wouldn’t trade one of the Jets top D prospects for him either, Jets need D prospects. You trade from positions of strength for positions of need. So giving up a forward prospect is fine but can’t give up D.
I would do a 1st (not a top 10 pick) and good forward prospect (depending how good the pick is) for Laine as the Habs. I wouldn’t trade any of the Habs forward core for him, too much of a lateral move. I wouldn’t trade one of the Habs top D prospects for him either, Habs need D prospects. You trade from positions of strength for positions of need. So giving up a forward prospect is fine but can’t give up

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
P

I would do a 1st (not a top 10 pick) and good forward prospect (depending how good the pick is) for Laine as the Habs. I wouldn’t trade any of the Habs forward core for him, too much of a lateral move. I wouldn’t trade one of the Habs top D prospects for him either, Habs need D prospects. You trade from positions of strength for positions of need. So giving up a forward prospect is fine but can’t give up

Doesn't work for you, fine. Habs fan asked what the Jets would give up.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I remember in the summer that a large number of Habs fans wouldn't trade Domi for Laine 1-for-1. What's changed?

Nothing. Some fans are just extremely bipolar in their evaluation of players. A player can go from having little value to being untouchable real quick, or vice-versa.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
P

Yeh b/c Domi holds the value of Laine. Not logical to give up an core piece.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
I think at fair Value Montreal would ask for

-2020 first with some kind of conditions and protection
- A prospect other than Heinola. Montreal would ask for LHD or LW: Vesalainen or Samberg.

Or I could see:

2020 first + 2020 2nd + Harkins or Chisholm for Domi

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Playoff protected 1st and vesalainen

Top 10 protected 1st and Vesalainen is exactly what I was thinking.....any team outbids that let them have him. Makes no sense to give up a core player which is a lateral move.

Reactions: Channelcat

RandomJetsFan

Apr 19, 2014
manitoba
Niku, 1st unprotected with a conditional 2nd pretty steep offer for domi but that does come with some rfa control but it's just a spitball offer for domi.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I think at fair Value Montreal would ask for

-2020 first with some kind of conditions and protection
- A prospect other than Heinola. Montreal would ask for LHD or LW: Vesalainen or Samberg.

Or I could see:

2020 first + 2020 2nd + Harkins or Chisholm for Domi

Bolded is top I would do, plus the 1st is top 10 protected. If they wanted no top 10 protection then the prospect would be a Chisholm not a Harkins or Vesalainen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->