Injury Report: Domi has shoulder surgery - out 5-6 months

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe he hurt it when training, he never missed any games or practice time due to injury. But then again neither did Gus.

Sucks. We need him to have a bounce back year for that trade value at the deadline

Considering how he picked up with the Jackets how he left off with the Habs (totally useless), perhaps the injury is from a year + ago now.

If the plan is re-establish value with Max and then sell-off at the deadline, this isn't bad news at all. He'll be back in time to re-establish value and if anything this tells us that his absurdly inept slumps might be injury related. Labrum surgery usually fixes the problem for good.

it's also the same thing that kept Nyquist out for the entire season using every moment of his established timeline for recovery.

It's not a one size fits all injury. Gus had a very long tear with a big fluid build up. Max's injury may also be especially bad, or perhaps he'll be back in the lineup soon after the season begins.

Reactions: LJ7201

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I had this surgery almost exactly one year ago. I still have lingering issues, but hopefully Max is back and at it before the New Year.

It definitely varies and also other issues can impact the process.

Max, if you see this, I have a few of those red squeeze balls the Dr gives you to keep your hand positioned, hmu if you need one, or 4 of them.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Get well Max. Towards the end of the season I enjoyed watching him play. Early on he seemed to be trying to hard to be what we needed, rather than just playing his game. His last dozen games were very solid in my opinion. Hope he is back in November.. we are going to need him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad