Injury Report: Domi has shoulder surgery - out 5-6 months

Kevo22363

Sep 28, 2017
Hilliard, OH
Seth Jones decides he won't re-sign and will test UFA...CHECK
CBJ loses the draft lottery...again...CHECK
Domi has injured shoulder requiring surgery and now an untradeable asset...CHECK

Summer is off to a rousing start. If the Jackets didn't have bad luck, they'd have no luck at all. I believe as a fan this is what you call a love/hate relationship.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Wonder how long Domi was playing with a torn shoulder …

Maybe he hurt it when training, he never missed any games or practice time due to injury. But then again neither did Gus.

Sucks. We need him to have a bounce back year for that trade value at the deadline

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Reposting here, the right place: I think that is a very conservative timeline for recovery. Depending on how the surgery was performed, labral repairs can be pretty easy to recover from- both hips and shoulders- and very common in hockey players. This probably affected his shooting and stickhandling a decent amount this year, assuming he was playing through it. Could've also happened with lifting/training.

Reactions: LJ7201

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Reposting here, the right place: I think that is a very conservative timeline for recovery. Depending on how the surgery was performed, labral repairs can be pretty easy to recover from- both hips and shoulders- and very common in hockey players. This probably affected his shooting and stickhandling a decent amount this year, assuming he was playing through it. Could've also happened with lifting/training.
it's also the same thing that kept Nyquist out for the entire season using every moment of his established timeline for recovery.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Very true. I like to think that they just decided to keep him out of the pandemic-shortened, dumpster fire season we had.
They did at the end but I believe he was still closer to the 6 month window when he would have been cleared and they decided to hang it up.

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
...What's next?

Seriously, we should start a thread for "What's The Next Calamity That Befalls The Jackets?" and find a way to give out a prize to whomever gets it right.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I hope Max will be fine soon.

What`s it mean for us...find a center. Roslovic, Texier, Jenner, Foudy, Danforth...IMHO it would be enough big problem especially if some are centers only on paper.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
This team is cursed. No other ways about it. I think they only reason the swept Tampa in 2019 was because the hockey gods wanted a sweep, the curse wanted a sweep and because a negative times a negative equals a positive, it went wrong for the curse and hockey gods

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I wish Max will be fine soon. GOOD LUCK!
----------
There is one bywork in Slovakia

"On the poor man even the toilet fall"

This team is cursed. No other ways about it. I think they only reason the swept Tampa in 2019 was because the hockey gods wanted a sweep, the curse wanted a sweep and because a negative times a negative equals a positive, it went wrong for the curse and hockey gods

tenor.gif
C0msHM.gif

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
On one hand it sucks that he won't be able to bounce back and be a valuable trade piece.

On the other hand, I don't like Max and feel that this team misses nothing without him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->