Injury Report: Domi Day-to-Day

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I won't pretend to know what the issue is. But if there's a chance playing could make it worse, then I hope they rest him for tomorrow. No sense risking that he misses playoff games.

Conspiracy Theory
Is it a case of Bitchin' Marner Syndrome, since he returned he looks like he's been sucking on lemons. BUT I WANT TO PLAY WITH MATTY!!!!! NO!!! ...... MATTY!!! ONLY MATTY!!!!! Mitch wants to be the guy who sets Matty up for goal 70... his ego is that big...
giphy.gif

How do you take Domi off a line without telling the world your inmates are running the insane asylum? We'll you pretend he is injured.

Shame he has a NMC, he'd get a boatload of great quality cheap talent. If Winterpeg (soon to be Atlanta ... very reliable rumors are that Gary wants another team in Atlanta) got what they got for PLD, imagine what Mitcher would get?

Mitcher see's that Domi can replace him, Domi 15 points in 16 games since Mitch was injured, for a MUCH cheaper price tag, he does not want to lose his bargaining position, so he bitches and complains, like the child that he is, to preserve his bargaining position. Even if Domi gets a 100% raise, he will be $6 to $7 mill less than Mitch, producing at about a PPG.

Maybe my conspiracy theory is complete BS but..... we all know what a child Mitch can be and the entitled label he has carried since his OHL days... would not put it past him.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
If he can’t go, throw Robertson on the top line for a game. Leave the Marner JT Nylander experiment alone, let it get some reps.

Reactions: ponder

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Conspiracy Theory
Is it a case of Bitchin' Marner Syndrome, since he returned he looks like he's been sucking on lemons. BUT I WANT TO PLAY WITH MATTY!!!!! NO!!! ...... MATTY!!! ONLY MATTY!!!!! Mitch wants to be the guy who sets Matty up for goal 70... his ego is that big...
giphy.gif

How do you take Domi off a line without telling the world your inmates are running the insane asylum? We'll you pretend he is injured.

Shame he has a NMC, he'd get a boatload of great quality cheap talent. If Winterpeg (soon to be Atlanta ... very reliable rumors are that Gary wants another team in Atlanta) got what they got for PLD, imagine what Mitcher would get?

Mitcher see's that Domi can replace him, Domi 15 points in 16 games since Mitch was injured, for a MUCH cheaper price tag, he does not want to lose his bargaining position, so he bitches and complains, like the child that he is, to preserve his bargaining position. Even if Domi gets a 100% raise, he will be $6 to $7 mill less than Mitch, producing at about a PPG.

Maybe my conspiracy theory is complete BS but..... we all know what a child Mitch can be and the entitled label he has carried since his OHL days... would not put it past him.
Love the theory but unless 88 breaks Mitch's 99 points, Mitch gonna argue he is better than 88 and that means more than $92mx8. If only 16 and 88 had an ounce grit that Domi has. Personally I'd give Mitch a number and a date and if he did not accept it, I'd let him walk if he refused to waive.

We caved an overpaid Willie when we should have waited and dug in. Can't let it happen again. Grow a pair when it comes to negotiating with these guys. Enough is enough.

Watch what Florida does with Reinhart and then tell Mitch and his camp to GTFO.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Love the theory but unless 88 breaks Mitch's 99 points, Mitch gonna argue he is better than 88 and that means more than $92mx8. If only 16 and 88 had an ounce grit that Domi has. Personally I'd give Mitch a number and a date and if he did not accept it, I'd let him walk if he refused to waive.

We caved an overpaid Willie when we should have waited and dug in. Can't let it happen again. Grow a pair when it comes to negotiating with these guys. Enough is enough.

I was saying to my son that Domi is about 75% as good as MM when it comes to setting up AM...for almost 1/4 of the cap hit...so now we can finally see that AM can score with a non superstar (MM or Willy) passing him the puck. If that's the case...why bother with trying to keep MM at a crazy cap hit?

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I was saying to my son that Domi is about 75% as good as MM when it comes to setting up AM...for almost 1/4 of the cap hit...so now we can finally see that AM can score with a non superstar (MM or Willy) passing him the puck. If that's the case...why bother with trying to keep MM at a crazy cap hit?
Bert + Domi + $4m dman or small winger afraid of his shadow?

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010

This is why we need to get Willie to 100

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Can't let it happen again. Grow a pair when it comes to negotiating with these guys. Enough is enough.

I 100% agree but Treliving had his chance with the Nylander contract and gave him a contract maybe even Dubas would have frowned upon.

Perhaps things change under Pelley, but this is MLSE after all and unless the board has changed their philosophy overnight on how they treat their stars (Simply put, "Give them everything they want"), I'd be very surprised if they lowball Mitch or even consider moving him. Of course the how he and the team do this post-season may influence that but it's going to be a very interesting off-season if the Leafs flop again.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I for one am glad we have players now that are willing to drop the gloves and stand up for our star players

I hope Bennett gets an ass beating and if Gudas was still on the Panthers too
Tkachuk is a lil bitch and won't drop them but he needs an ass beating too

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I 100% agree but Treliving had his chance with the Nylander contract and gave him a contract maybe even Dubas would have frowned upon.

Perhaps things change under Pelley, but this is MLSE after all and unless the board has changed their philosophy overnight on how they treat their stars (Simply put, "Give them everything they want"), I'd be very surprised if they lowball Mitch or even consider moving him. Of course the how he and the team do this post-season may influence that but it's going to be a very interesting off-season if the Leafs flop again.
I am not saying lowball him, just do not let him bend you over again. IMO he is not worth much more than Willie. If he asks for $12.5m, I'd tell him to go get it elsewhere. We are probably going to have to let Bert walk because these 3 continue to take more than they are worth.

Give Mitch your best offer and if he declines, trade him or let him walk. I watch what a $3m Domi can do with Matty and there is no need for Mitch at a ridiculous number. I wonder if the Leafs brass is paying attention.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I for one am glad we have players now that are willing to drop the gloves and stand up for our star players

I hope Bennett gets an ass beating and if Gudas was still on the Panthers too
Tkachuk is a lil bitch and won't drop them but he needs an ass beating too
Imagine this team if our stars had an ounce of snot and we had a reliable goalie.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Man I hope its nothing serious and not a lingering issue. Just rest him no point in risking the issue. We need Domi at 100% for the playoffs

He’s in tonight so I guess he’s fine.

DAYUM!

Happy for Lily being back. Still on the fence for Domi being in. I'd have just asked him to rest up. Edmundson IMO is going to be a big piece for us. We need him to get in a few games before playoffs so he doesn't start out cold.

Reactions: Cleetus

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It wasn’t much of anything on Matthews, if anything he got more on Nemec than the other way around, and we had possession in the offensive zone with one of their D shook up and out of position.

It’s good that Domi has that dog in him and I’d jump the gun on a fight when Marner’s breathing down my neck for the 1RW spot too if I was in a contract year. Doesn’t really matter in a nothing game against Jersey as long as he’s not out too long but he can’t do that in a playoff game unless someone took a real run at a teammate. If Matthews is ok just run Nemec next time he touches the puck or start something after the whistle.

It's Matthews, when in doubt get in and sort it out and I'm not going to hold that mentality against him

I just wish more of our boys played that way

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It's Matthews, when in doubt get in and sort it out and I'm not going to hold that mentality against him

I just wish more of our boys played that way

Ya I get it for a nothing game like this but I won’t get it if he does this in a 5-4 playoff game. You can sort it out after the whistle or better yet run their 1C in response. I’m not against the playstyle, I’ve wanted a nuclear option like Wilson in the top 6 for a while now, but you still have to be smart about it when the stakes are high.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
Love seeing Tie in the stands watching his son play for the Leafs… I really hope he stays in Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad