Dollar Saint-Laurent

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Well, I just want to ask if anyone can tell me what kind of player he was? Did anyone ever see him play?

I am asking this because he's the grand dad of one of my friends and he actually doesn't know a lot about hockey and couldn't tell me anything. His father seems pretty biased too.

I know the story that happened with the Canadiens' organization, when St-Laurent became a member of the NHLPA (I don't know how it was called back then).

So I just want some information about what kind of defensman he was. Was he good or just a regular player?

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Dollard was for the most part the defensive partner and close friend of one of the 3 greatest d-men in hockey history (and my personal favorite all-time player) Doug Harvey. He was a stay at home, hard hitting defenseman to my knowledge. Seeing the clips/games he was solid, unspectacular, reliable.

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
Dollard was for the most part the defensive partner and close friend of one of the 3 greatest d-men in hockey history (and my personal favorite all-time player) Doug Harvey. He was a stay at home, hard hitting defenseman to my knowledge. Seeing the clips/games he was solid, unspectacular, reliable.
I think that describes him pretty well. He was an NHl regular for 11 years in the 6 team NHL and was on teams that won 5 cups (4 with habs, 1 with Hawks). That tells me he was good but I am not sure if he ever got many AS team votes. I know he played with Jack Evans on the second pairing on the Hawks 61 Cup team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad