OT: Dolan Fires and Re-Hires Security for not Recognizing Him

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Bob Richards*

This seriously sounds like something you'd expect from:

0925_mcmahon-1_display_image.jpg

In fairness, you'd think you know who Jimmy is after 3 years of employment.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
This seriously sounds like something you'd expect from:

0925_mcmahon-1_display_image.jpg

In fairness, you'd think you know who Jimmy is after 3 years of employment.

Do you think MacDonalds workers would automatically recognize a MacDonalds CEO who walked through the doors? I know it's not completely the same thing but Dolan isn't like a Donald Trump or Bill Gates where they're a part of mainstream culture and easily recognizable. There are probably so many people in-between Dolan and security guards that it's not like they'd commonly interact. Maybe a bit naive on her part but she was just doing her job as far as she was concerned and Dolan went on a power trip.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Yeah she did her job, she doesn't belong with this organization.

Here is a lady that is probably making 12 bucks an hour, probably gets crapped on by every obnoxious rich person who's ID she has to check and Dolan fires her for doing her job?

You would hope that Dolan would've laughed about it and pulled her aside, showed her his ID and tipped her some money. What any classy person would've done. Instead he humiliates her. What a shame. What a disgrace....

Dolan is a horrible owner but even worse person. That's saying a lot...

*Bob Richards*

Do you think MacDonalds workers would automatically recognize a MacDonalds CEO who walked through the doors? I know it's not completely the same thing but Dolan isn't like a Donald Trump or Bill Gates where they're a part of mainstream culture and easily recognizable. There are probably so many people in-between Dolan and security guards that it's not like they'd commonly interact. Maybe a bit naive on her part but she was just doing her job as far as she was concerned and Dolan went on a power trip.

Don't get me wrong, Dolan is a ****** canoe. :laugh:

But you have a solid point.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I think it's pretty ridiculous that an employee for three years doesn't know what Dolan looks like.

Yea, Im sure Dolan is very visible to his employees. Maybe a meet and greet twice a year -- monthly townhalls?

Congratulations on this post, by the way. It makes you just as ignorant and out of touch as that bully James Dolan.

Your father doesnt happen to own a cable TV conglomerate, does he? You can be a CEO one day and piss on your underlings for doing their job.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
I think it's pretty ridiculous that an employee for three years doesn't know what Dolan looks like.

Maybe your right but that doesn't give him carte blanche to **** on somebody for doing their job. Dolan should've handled the situation differently.

It's like Dolan saw the movie Scrooged and thought, I wanna be like Frank Cross. Mission Accomplished...

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
Here is a lady that is probably making 12 bucks an hour, probably gets crapped on by every obnoxious rich person who's ID she has to check and Dolan fires her for doing her job?

You would hope that Dolan would've laughed about it and pulled her aside, showed her his ID and tipped her some money. What any classy person would've done. Instead he humiliates her. What a shame. What a disgrace....

ANYTIME someone utters "Do you know who I am" = ******.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
What a dbag. Sounds like he didn't know her either, so why is he complaining? He expects her to know him? There is no way that he actually interviewed, hired her, or interacted with her in any significant way while she was a guard. Get off your high horse, you **** head.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

My best friend works for the Weinstein film company. Harvey Weinstein and James Dolan are best friends. Two bullies with no respect for anyone but themselves. I couldnt help but laugh when I heard about this hellish connection.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Dolan sounds like a caricature of a rich a**hole. At least MSG did the right thing and hired her back.

16 To Stanley*

Always knew dolan was scum, this is just further proof. sucks he owns a team i love so much.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
It's insane that she didn't know who he was (an egotistical guy like Dolan probably has his picture hanging up all over the place), but that's still way uncalled for...

NYSportsfan87

Thank You Eli
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
still one of my favorite torts quotes
"I have my owner up here talking about a Stanley Cup. That's a bunch of ********," Tortorella said in response. "We need to take it one game at a time."

Dolan is a *****

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
I'm an avid Rangers and Knicks fan and have been for years. Honestly, forgot what James Dolan looked like until he appeared at that Press Conference where he practically guaranteed a Cup and Torts said that was "BS".

Dolan is an a-hole. Let Isiah run the Knicks into the ground for years until finally letting him go, only to almost bring him back.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Anyone else think of that scene from The Running Man when the ***** TV producer/host fires the janitor for tripping him up??? Life imitates Schwarzenegger caricature movie villains!

At least MSG did the right thing and hired her back.

Prolly only cuz he was told about the inevitable wrongful dismissal lawsuit and the guarantee of even more bad press.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yep, our owner is a smelly turd.

Read the article and move along. Thank you, OP, for sharing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad