Doki Doki Literature Club

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
TRUST ME IM NOT A WEEB, but this game will give you chills down your spine when you get past the beginning. Easily the best new game I've played this year. Best part about it, is that it's free to download off Steam. Trust me, play it, I'm not, and I'm sure your not into these storybook games, but this one is really good. It's a fun, free, 3-5 hour game that'll leave ya a bit spooked.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I had mixed feelings about it.

I liked what it was trying to do, but I wasn't as blown away by the execution as others were.

The badly written cringe-iness is so strong early on (partly because the lead is such a tool-- the fact that all of this could be intentional/a part of the game's theme doesn't really make that easier to swallow), it felt really tedious to take the time to get to the actual meat of the game (and then to retread again in the second act), when it finally got there, it relied a little too heavily on cheap shock-brutality for my liking, I felt like it was somewhat amateurishly taking off on innovative twists/meta ideas that Undertale (a more complete, on point, and charmingly executed game) planted, and I got a general annoying edge-lord vibe from the creator/writer.

Cool ideas nonetheless.

Worth trying anyways, though.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This was certainly an experience. Really well done, I was not expecting this at all.

Fantastic and worth playing and you really need to avoid as many spoilers as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->