My Dog Adoption Thread

dog

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 19, 2008

:laugh:

member 157595

I was going to buy memory last week and I had to wait for the computer store to open so I went into the pet store and they have cats in cages waiting for adoption meowing. I had to stand there with tears swelling in my eyes because these kittens in cages were so cute. I wanted to take one home right away and give it love.

I will say though most of those kittens you see in pet stores have been declawed. Why?

Anyone that wants to declaw a cat is incapable of being a cat owner. Period.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
If you cannot afford $375 to adopt a dog you sure as hell can't afford the thousands of dollars it takes to provide for them.

i got a puppy from an adoption center in April of 2017. he had a crusty nose but at the time, but I didn't think much about it.

got him home, settled in to meet the other dogs, and took him to the vet. they weren't really sure what was going on, but assumed it probably wasn't awful, or it might have been parvovirus or something similar. they weren't super sure.

YabLfhx.jpg

Three days later, he started to get real, real sick. Long story long, he spent 11 nights in the vet hospital, and lost just about all his weight, throwing up, snotting, super lethargic. On the 9th day, we sent him up to CSU for mostly palliative care before we made the call to put him to sleep. Miraculously, by day 10 he started to turn around, and we finally got him home on day 12.

That trip cost just under $10,000. In the first two weeks of ownership. I literally had just landed my current job (offer letter came on april 3, 2017, we adopted on 6th), and thankfully was able to cover those bills. But it still put me in the hole for a couple of months.

The tl;dr: lol @HFBCommenter thinking he could support anything.

Little guy is doing good these days.
CTqCnv6.jpg

Reactions: OmniCube

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->