Dog Bar appreciation thread

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
My grandfather a member there back in the day when I was a wee lad. After he passed in the early 90's they dedicated a hole to him. I'd love to play there some time since I was too young back then to get on the course. He taught me how to play golf so it would be pretty cool for me to come full circle.
Great stuff! Neat course with an old school layout that meets new school cuts. I really enjoyed it, even if I was into the 90's.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I think most breweries are dog friendly. Which is additional winning material for any brewers.

Most are, but in NJ, someone was going and complaining to the department of health because technically it's illegal in NJ. Dogs weren't allowed to be in an enclosed space that sells 'food' items and NJ considered beer a food item.

There was a bill proposed a while back to allow them in tasting and sampling areas, but i admittedly haven't kept up with it. Mostly because there are few breweries who will ask you to leave with your dog unless its being a bother to someone.

occultist goat

Mar 16, 2019
Photo on 11-28-18 at 8.21 AM.jpg

the doggos...

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Most are, but in NJ, someone was going and complaining to the department of health because technically it's illegal in NJ. Dogs weren't allowed to be in an enclosed space that sells 'food' items and NJ considered beer a food item.

There was a bill proposed a while back to allow them in tasting and sampling areas, but i admittedly haven't kept up with it. Mostly because there are few breweries who will ask you to leave with your dog unless its being a bother to someone.
Exhibit B of my “what a mess of a state” argument.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Here in ye olde Asbury Park, the terrific bar/venue The Wonder Bar hosts Yappy Hour, allowing good dogs to roam freely in their expansive outdoor deck and sandy open area during certain times of the week. It's a good hang whether or not you have a dog, because this is a big dog town and people have all sorts of pups of different shapes and sizes that you can meet while getting completely inebriated in the ocean breeze.

Unfortunately, my animal roommate Kaz has never been able to go to a Yappy Hour, because she's a Cattle Dog...they pretty much don't f*** with other dogs and other dogs don't f*** with them. Oh well.

The Wonder Bar is right by the beach and gets real good performers in all the time--seen Colter Wall (@Gert B Frobe's avatar and spirit animal), The Weeks, Old 97's, and about 10 other great shows since I've lived here. It even gets name-checked in the chorus of this very infectious recent tune from noteworthy PA boys the Menzingers.

BUT! Next time you're looking for a little beach time, skip on those corny-ass South Jersey beaches and go see some cool dogs and dope bands here in Asbury. We've got like 65 bars in 1.6 square miles. We also offer cute tattooed punk chicks and dudes, crazy rich Jersey folk with wild foreign cars, and a small subset of stereotypical dumbass juiceheads...fun!
Yappy Hour is one of the greatest puns I've seen in a while.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Meh.. Up until what? 2 years ago? You couldn't buy 6 packs in PA.

You could definitely buy 6-packs in PA 13 years ago, you could do it 2 years ago, and you can do it today.

Sorry, the cut-off is 13 years because I'm only 34.

SSS, I know, but you must be thinking of a different state.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You could definitely buy 6-packs in PA 13 years ago, you could do it 2 years ago, and you can do it today.

Sorry, the cut-off is 13 years because I'm only 34.

SSS, I know, but you must be thinking of a different state.

You could buy them at corner stores or whatever, but not as distributors.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
You could buy them at corner stores or whatever, but not as distributors.

Makes sense. Sorry about the mix-up. I was thinking just that moments after your post and then read back several posts to double check the context. My bad... butting out now.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Makes sense. Sorry about the mix-up. I was thinking just that moments after your post and then read back several posts to double check the context. My bad... butting out now.

We didnt have gluten free, vegan beers back then, so I wouldnt expect you to know anyway.

:neener:

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
When we first got my pup, my wife decided to make an instagram page for him... She hasn't posted for about 2 years, but here's one of my favorite vids with him..

Here's another pic I love

I don’t have an Instagram account but my dog does. Lol

Reactions: VladDrag

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad