Does whiteout put too much pressure ?

oldcoot

Jan 25, 2012
It never made sense ever since the away team started wearing white. It would be great if they could wear their heritage classics through the playoffs. I doubt they would win more games, but at least it would make sense visually.

Reactions: GNP

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
I doubt the players give a damn about what color of shirts the fans are wearing.

BoJet

May 2, 2016
the Old World
There is no such thing as too much pressure in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. These are the games and the type of atmosphere that you become a pro for. I understand we have one of the younger teams in the league and if there’s a bit of a learning curve associated with the pressure & expectations, I’m okay with that. But in no way can you shift blame away from the team/coaching staff. It’s on them to learn how to deal with it. Please do not change anything about the Whiteout. Except perhaps the anthem singer... I actually missed yesterday’s early goal. I regularly tune out because the anthems in Winnipeg are too much cringe for me to handle. (not whiteout-specific, though)

Reactions: GNP

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
The Whiteout tradition is exciting and wonderful, but I’m starting to associate it with crushing defeat unfortunately

Reactions: Hollywood3

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
There is no such thing as too much pressure in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. These are the games and the type of atmosphere that you become a pro for. I understand we have one of the younger teams in the league and if there’s a bit of a learning curve associated with the pressure & expectations, I’m okay with that. But in no way can you shift blame away from the team/coaching staff. It’s on them to learn how to deal with it. Please do not change anything about the Whiteout. Except perhaps the anthem singer... I actually missed yesterday’s early goal. I regularly tune out because the anthems in Winnipeg are too much cringe for me to handle. (not whiteout-specific, though)

Sounded good when the crowd took over. Stacey should just let the fans sing the entire anthem. Just give her a baton so she can conduct.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
No but 20 seconds on the clock in a tie game I guess there is when a guy totally tries to freeze a puck with time and hold it for 20 seconds....

But for real, home ice does not mean as much in the NHL these days. If anything the road is easier. Matchups are less of a role for the coaches and players, and its not your own crowd so you don't have to please them or run out of way to throw a bit hit to fire them up. Less distractions, the guys with families are away from the kids, etc.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->