Does video of this game exist?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Been trying to find this as well. I remember watching this game with my brother ( who was a leafs fan ) now Canuck fan. If I remember correctly , the leafs won in overtime though .

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks Box Score — March 6, 2000 | Hockey-Reference.com

March 6, 2000. Canucks down 5-1 in the third period and storm back to tie it, with Markus Naslund capping off the scoring with less than a minute to go. They lost in overtime, but Shorty’s call on Naslund’s tying goal still gives chills. Would love to watch the comeback in its entirety, but other than Naslund’s goal, I can’t find any video of it out there.

Remember this vividly.
The Canucks had been wandering through the forest since 1996. This game was when the Westcoast Express era started. We didn't make the playoffs that year (though we were quite close), but this game was the beginning of a new era, and everybody knew it.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Weirdly my recollection of that game is that I listened to it on the radio.

Neat sidenote is that, in trying to figure out what day of the week this game was played (it was a Monday), it turns out it was the same day that Ray Bourque was traded from Boston to Colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad