Is Connor Hellebuyck tracking to be a HHOFer?

BlueAzN

Jan 3, 2009
In South Carolina
What about the rest of his career? Your judging him on 10 of 45 games, and then taking out the context of this year playing Colorado who is an offensive juggernaut. His other 35 games in the playoffs he has good to quite good stats.

Is Winnipeg really that good? Take Hellebuyck away and you have 4 60 pt guys and then nothing amazing.
You do realize the last 5 playoffs he's had, he's been bounced in the 1st round in 4 of those because he either played like hot garbage or was just average at best. Get real bud.

Last edited:
Reactions: viceroy

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Playoffs are weighted WAY heavily than regular season. Surely you know than.

Does that mean you’re also prepared to say Draisaitl is neck and neck with McDavid for best in the league, and easily ahead of MacKinnon/Kucherov/Makar/Matthews? Because Draisaitl’s production rate in the playoffs trails only Gretzky (and substantially ahead of any active player not named McDavid)

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Do games not count when they matter most? Why so emotional?
You interpreting their post as “emotional” requires a level of flexibility that even Connor Hellebuyck would admire.

If you don’t want feedback, a discussion forum may not be for you.

Reactions: FiveHoled

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Does that mean you’re also prepared to say Draisaitl is neck and neck with McDavid for best in the league, and easily ahead of MacKinnon/Kucherov/Makar/Matthews? Because Draisaitl’s production rate in the playoffs trails only Gretzky (and substantially ahead of any active player not named McDavid)

This reaks of Nashville hoisting the western conference regular season champions banner. The regular season doesn't matter, the only thing that does is the playoffs. If you routinely fail when it matters the most then it really doesn't matter what you do when it doesn't.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Definitely took a little bit of the shine off him. Small sample, but he shit the bed pretty hard. If it was my Canucks, you'd better believe a lot of people would be downplaying how good they are if they had lost to the Preds.

BlueAzN

Jan 3, 2009
In South Carolina
Cmon, you know that's not what he's saying. You're taking his words to the extreme. Use your brain, everything matters, but playoffs matter more. The reason why no one thinks Drai is on par with McDonnald is because Connor is pretty damn good himself in the playoffs and not that far behind Drai in terms of pure production.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Imagine judging a player's entire career based on a sample of less than 1% of his games.
The 5 games he played in the post season are absolutely weighted more than his regular season. You play to win championships, not Vezina trophies. A player’s ultimate value comes from their ability to perform when the games matter most.

The Jets aren’t the best team and they went up against a powerhouse but this isn’t the first time he’s been lackluster when his team needed him.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Hellebuyck said he was feeling good about his game. And I have to say it didn’t feel like they lost due to poor goaltending.

Jets let in 5+ goals per game so that kind of tells you how badly they got exposed.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Absolutely. Your team had an amazing season and were expected to do MUCH better than that in the playoffs.

BlueAzN

Jan 3, 2009
In South Carolina
The 5 games he played in the post season are absolutely weighted more than his regular season. You play to win championships, not Vezina trophies. A player’s ultimate value comes from their ability to perform when the games matter most.

The Jets aren’t the best team and they went up against a powerhouse but this isn’t the first time he’s been lackluster when his team needed him.
Agreed and considering they let in 199 goals against them this season which was a record and then has a 5+ GAA is a joke. He's a playoff choker like 7uongo until proven otherwise

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You do realize the last 5 playoffs he's had, he's been bounced in the 1st round in 4 of those because he either played like hot garbage or was just average at best. Get real bud.

You do realize that WPG has never been a real threat right? They are just a decent team. Hasn't been hot garbage other than maybe the past 2 playoffs.

Reactions: Oneiro

BlueAzN

Jan 3, 2009
In South Carolina
You do realize that WPG has never been a real threat right? They are just a decent team. Hasn't been hot garbage other than maybe the past 2 playoffs.
Lmao, just like the Habs who went to the finals. Or Vegas their first year, or Florida last year. No one would've ever have them as "real" threats coming into the playoffs. Jets were actual contenders this year and have been in years past. Stop being so defensive and try to be objective.

Last edited:

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
This reaks of Nashville hoisting the western conference regular season champions banner. The regular season doesn't matter, the only thing that does is the playoffs. If you routinely fail when it matters the most then it really doesn't matter what you do when it doesn't.
This is the silliest notion I've ever seen on HF.

"The regular season doesn't matter".

Of course it matters. Especially when you want to rate players, as the overwhelming majority of their games played fall under the regular season, with some unfortunately not having much of a playoff resume at all due to circumstances beyond their control.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
This is the silliest notion I've ever seen on HF.

"The regular season doesn't matter".

Of course it matters. Especially when you want to rate players, as the overwhelming majority of their games played fall under the regular season, with some unfortunately not having much of a playoff resume at all due to circumstances beyond their control.

Could you remind me how Bostons 65 win regular season worked out for them last year?

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Crazy how so many people are defending him like he was flawless in that series or something

Sure the Jets were bad in front of him, but just looks at the stats

He sucked, he couldn't stop a damn thing

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
He said he never saw half of the pucks that went past him.

Hellebuyck pulled a Markstrom, maybe even worse. 26 goals against in 5 games lol.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I've always considered him just SLIGHTLY below Vasilevskiy and Shesterkin, but I don't know what to think anymore after these playoffs.

What do you guys think? Does he justify his cap even if he chokes every playoffs?
Don't try to deflect your playoffs by highlighting ours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad