Does the tennis court last for a long time after resurfacing?

Youlthalater

Feb 7, 2020
Hi guys,

I was a good tennis player since childhood. What to say, after one point I got lazy and stopped practicing. Recently, I was diagnosed with diabetics and the doctor asked to begin daily exercise. So I thought of starting my tennis practice. When discussed with my friends, they are also interested in it. But the tennis court in our residential area got damaged due to this snow.

We tried to repair it in our way, but it still needs some professional assistance. So we contacted a tennis court repair service. They will be visiting the court by next week. I don't know how long it will take to restructure the court as it has cracking all over. We even thought of starting the practice, but I guess there is a chance of getting injured. What do you guys think? Does the court last for a long time after resurfacing? I would like to clarify that. If not, we are not proceeding it. Share your suggestions

Thanks!

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Feels like something that the court repair service provider would know better than the rest of us. However if I were to guess I would think it would last a solid period of time barring any extreme circumstances.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I used to be president of my tennis club and I'm pretty sure Court contractors were contracted by our federation. I wish I could tell you what I remembered about how long they last. They would probably be the ones to tell you. We always had cracks in our courts because the courts were in the middle of a small valley so the courts shifted.

Also, I seem to remember they only fixed the courts in late summer. I don't know if that was because they had other jobs or because they needed to be hot. Anyway, I see on their site they have a 5 year guarantee which is reasonable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->