Votes: 37 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • The team doesn't but I do.

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
We miss regular saves for than Methot. 2 bonehead plays by Condon has cost us 3 points (LA, ARZ), and one by Andy, I believe cost us a point as well. That is 4 points and changes he complexion of our record to 11-5-3. Not bad, eh?

Condon cost the team two points, no? One vs LA and one vs ARZ.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Do we? Not sure what Turris does that changes the results of the last 3 games. He certainly doesn't make Condon any better against Arz.

Anyways, Methot is certainly missed short term, but imo it was best long term to move on from him (if not now, than at the end of his current contract). We just pulled the bandaid off fast instead of slowly peeling it back as it plucks one arm hair at a time.

Turris scores on one of the 15 scoring chances that Duchene has in that game no doubt in my mind. However I don't think with Turris's skill set he gets that many chances but he still probably scores.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Turris scores on one of the 15 scoring chances that Duchene has in that game no doubt in my mind. However I don't think with Turris's skill set he gets that many chances but he still probably scores.

I guess you can look at it that way. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Idk though, imo Duchene vs Turris certainly wasn't the issue with any of those games though

Tbh, what we miss is Karlsson looking healthy, and our goaltending being above average. Methot doesn't fix either of those problems. He might help out a bit closing out games, but there are far bigger issues than Methot imo.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I guess you can look at it that way. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Idk though, imo Duchene vs Turris certainly wasn't the issue with any of those games though

Tbh, what we miss is Karlsson looking healthy, and our goaltending being above average. Methot doesn't fix either of those problems. He might help out a bit closing out games, but there are far bigger issues than Methot imo.

You didnt find Duchene missing chance after chance in a game that was decided in overtime as not one of the issues?

Lol Duchene scores in that game they win in regulation and everyone loves him. He misses and now the team is in a side winder of a tail spin.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You didnt find Duchene missing chance after chance in a game that was decided in overtime as not one of the issues?

Lol Duchene scores in that game they win in regulation and everyone loves him. He misses and now the team is in a side winder of a tail spin.
I found Duchene creating chances to be a positive. Puck luck or the lack there off is not something I assume would be any different had we switched Turris for Duchene. It's possible, but it's certainly no guarantee. On the other hand, Turris rarely creates that many chances in a game.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
If we had kept Methot around and say given up Claesson and picks instead, do we then re-sign Methot after next season, or trade him at the deadline?

I guess what I'm saying is this: Methot was a find Dman for this team, and he certainly made us better, but he also cost us 4 mil more than the alternative we chose, and at some point, we'd have to make a tough decision; Methot, or re-signing somebody like Stone, Turris (now Duchene), Karlsson, or Hoffman. With the depth we have on D in our prospect pool, a Dman should be easier to replace internally (Karlsson notwithstanding), and that's not even considering that Methot might aim for a raise after his current deal is done.

To have "kept Methot" he would have had to have been put on the protected list, and the VGK would have chosen whomever they would have liked, and that most likley would have been Ceci. I assume you're suggesting that kn owing this, PD would have made a "deal" with the VGK to not select Ceci and instead select Claesson and send them "picks" .......... so that's at least three pieces, which would have been too much in my opinion.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Of course we miss Methot. The question isn't whether or not we miss him, it's whether or not we'd have missed (likely) Brassard more, because the easiest way to protect him would have been to go 4 and 4, and expose Brassard or Pageau (either of which Vegas would have claimed).

Personally, I think Brassard and Pageau are more easily replaced internally than Methot, but not without some growing pains. Smith probably would have ended up being our 3rd line center, Hoffman, Dzingel, Ryan and Stone as top 6 wingers. Bottom 6 takes a hit, which is preferable to the top 4 D imo. Instead of Oduya, maybe we sign a cheap winger or center like Cullen, Yakupov or Desharnais to play in the bottom 6.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
The team misses an owner who would spend some of the 26M in profits he made last year on Methot's replacement.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Dorion blew it when he could have had the chance to make something work with Ryan and Vegas but he’s an idiot.

Would have kept Methot, moved Ryan and lost something not very significant which we will still need to probably move anyway to acquire the top 4 hole on our d-chart.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Dorion blew it when he could have had the chance to make something work with Ryan and Vegas but he’s an idiot.

Would have kept Methot, moved Ryan and lost something not very significant which we will still need to probably move anyway to acquire the top 4 hole on our d-chart.
How the heck do you expect him to move Ryan to LV without giving up anything much??? Why does Vegas do this?

If we managed to convince Vegas to take Ryan, it would have come at a pretty sizable cost in terms of futures. It may have still been worth while, but we're probably looking at a Bowers and our 2018 first type package to get the conversation started.

The issue with Ryan is the length of his contract; Vegas might not have been expecting to compete this year, but I imaging they wanted cap flexibility prior to the 22-23 season.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I've heard that once you have Meth, it becomes very addictive.

I can't imagine anyone who has had Meth before doesn't miss it. It appears to be a chemical dependency.

... I didn't read the rest of this thread, but if someone else already made this joke, unless you are Steve Allen, you're stealing my bit.

SenatorFrank

Jan 8, 2014
Ottawa
I don't see how this can be debated. We don't have an adequate replacement for the man did for us. His cap hit probably isn't missed but we haven't been able to replace him and likely won't for a while. His offensive stats or lack thereof are irrelevant, he wasn't ever required to produce offensively. He was our shut down guy and we miss him dearly.

SenatorFrank

Jan 8, 2014
Ottawa
How the heck do you expect him to move Ryan to LV without giving up anything much??? Why does Vegas do this?

If we managed to convince Vegas to take Ryan, it would have come at a pretty sizable cost in terms of futures. It may have still been worth while, but we're probably looking at a Bowers and our 2018 first type package to get the conversation started.

The issue with Ryan is the length of his contract; Vegas might not have been expecting to compete this year, but I imaging they wanted cap flexibility prior to the 22-23 season.

Just look at what CBJ had to pay in order to have VGK take W. Karlsson. No body does anyone any favors for free in this league. I'd have given up Ceci however...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad