Does the opt-in rule apply to Canadian non-CHL Jrs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
For instance,can '06 draft-eligible players from the BCHL opt-out of this year's draft,.postponing to '07,just like NCAA or euro Jrs. can?

This brings up a question about Central Scouting's rankings--do they not rank every draft-eligibleeligible prospect anyway since the opt-in/opt-out decisions won't all be in until just before the draft?

WHICH brings up the further question: WHY WAS KEITH SEABROOK NOT RANKED IN THEIR MID-TERMS aswith other BCHL draft-eligibles?
He has an Aug '88 birthdate

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
I may be wrong about this, but I think opting in is a thing of the past. Did I imagine this? It's possible . . .

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Jon Prescription said:
Phil Kessel took the rule out of the book.

I don't think he did, he is a 1987 born player which would make him elidgable no matter what. Personally i don't know why some players who were considered high before the draft didn't opt out of the draft in previous years if there stock fell(Sullivan comes to mind).

gibber1600

Aug 6, 2003
Great white north
boredmale said:
I don't think he did, he is a 1987 born player which would make him elidgable no matter what. Personally i don't know why some players who were considered high before the draft didn't opt out of the draft in previous years if there stock fell(Sullivan comes to mind).
Kessel was born in October so he wasn't eligible for last years draft. Just like Ovechkin is a 1985 but was drafted in 2004 instead of 2003. The players born in 1985 are the deepest maybe ever.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
gibber1600 said:
Kessel was born in October so he wasn't eligible for last years draft. Just like Ovechkin is a 1985 but was drafted in 2004 instead of 2003. The players born in 1985 are the deepest maybe ever.

using this year as an example for the opt in rule

From what i Understand, you have to be born before Sept 15, 1988 to be eligible for this years draft.

Witht he opt in rule, people born after Jan 1, 1988 have to opt in, anybody born in 87 get put in no matter what.

Basically weither there is or isn't an Opt in rule, Kessel would be in this draft no mater what because he was born in 1987. Because he was born in Oct 87, there is no way he could be eligible for last years draft.

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
Yeah TJ Oshie was a 86, and also in this past draft well he was like 10 days away from being an 87' but there is a cut-off date

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Jon Prescription said:
I think you guys missed my joke.

I guess i did, i thought you ment they changed the rule due to Kessel this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->