Does the Hall of Fame still hold significance to you?

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Don't really care about the HoF.

If I was a player I know I'd take a single ring over an induction into the hall 100/100 times.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
From following all 4 spots, but knowing Hockey, Baseball and NFL Hall of Fames the best, I would say the NHL is by far the wildest of the 3. Veteran's committee can occasionally go wild though for baseball. Outside of the juiced guys, Baseball has some pretty clear marks which guarantee you entry or at least did. 300 wins, 3000 hits, 500 home runs, etc. Hockey is way more erratic. If the committee like the guy, they'll give him all the extra intangible and international credit they can. It's too late to go back, but, I'd say it should have been the pro-hockey HHOF, but due to it covering every level of the sport, it also gets jumbled.
International play should be included, in the HHoF, it’s obvious why NFL is only NFL, it’s not played all over the world.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
International play should be included, in the HHoF, it’s obvious why NFL is only NFL, it’s not played all over the world.
It should be a seperate hall. It leads to the conundrum of Henderson not being in (who was a solid NHLer with arguably the most iconic international moment outside maybe Miracle on Ice), yet all these soviet players who were beating up on joke teams at the Olympics being in.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
HHOF inductions are a bit like marriages in the sense that in only changes things on a bureaucratic level. Marriages doesn't change your view of someone (unless of course you're outright scammed) and HHOF inductions doesn't change someone's career (as it's already played out).

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
It's about the history of the game, the richness of its stories. Of course that holds significance to me

No disrespect but the HOF is pretty irrelevant to fans , I'm sure its a big deal to the players
Real life is quite the opposite than what you see on the internet. I went there on a Thursday afternoon in February and the place was packed

Reactions: 93LEAFS

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
It's about the history of the game, the richness of its stories. Of course that holds significance to me

Real life is quite the opposite than what you see on the internet. I went there on a Thursday afternoon in February and the place was packed
I will say out of all the HOF's that the Hockey Hall of Fame has the most optimal location, all the others you sort of have to go out of your way to visit. Whereas the HHOF is just an option if you happen to be visiting Toronto. Like, the odds of visiting Springfield, Mass, Canton or Cooperstown tend to be planned trips. Tons of people end up in Toronto for other reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad