Speculation: Does the abundance of available 1st line LWs hurt their value?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Looking at the return, I think skinner may have had some issues with the team, which lowered his value.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Petty TBH.

But then again, should probably be expected from someone so happy with themselves for making a correct prediction. Congrats?

In the case of my response to you, it was certainly meant to be petty. Given the context, and the fact that you came into here being a dick, I would say it was pretty clever and well-timed.

In the case of this thread, I wasn’t even trying to pat myself on the back for a prediction. I’ve got over 16 thousand posts on this forum; obviously I’ve made a few predictions that have come true. It isn’t hard to do. This thread wasn’t exactly a prediction either; it was an observation of the supply and demand of the trade market and right now it’s an interesting discussion that is particularly relevant to Pacioretty who appears primed to be traded for less than a player of his caliber usually returns.

Gotta be the first guy I can think of to veto playing in LA.

Gotta be the first guy who has been selective with his NTC, veto’d playing in any city in th NHL, and then accepted a trade to Buffalo.

My guess is that Buffalo will announce a long-term contract for Skinner. Until then, it’s pretty safe to assume him refusing to be traded to LA was a hunk rumor.

Who reported that, anyhow?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Gotta be the first guy who has been selective with his NTC, veto’d playing in any city in th NHL, and then accepted a trade to Buffalo.

My guess is that Buffalo will announce a long-term contract for Skinner. Until then, it’s pretty safe to assume him refusing to be traded to LA was a hunk rumor.

Who reported that, anyhow?

He's from Toronto, might just prefer playing out this year close to home.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
In the case of my response to you, it was certainly meant to be petty. Given the context, and the fact that you came into here being a dick, I would say it was pretty clever and well-timed.

In the case of this thread, I wasn’t even trying to pat myself on the back for a prediction. I’ve got over 16 thousand posts on this forum; obviously I’ve made a few predictions that have come true. It isn’t hard to do. This thread wasn’t exactly a prediction either; it was an observation of the supply and demand of the trade market and right now it’s an interesting discussion that is particularly relevant to Pacioretty who appears primed to be traded for less than a player of his caliber usually returns.
If you're claiming that bumping a thread you started months ago with an "observation" that proved correct is not self aggrandizing in the slightest, then I'm simply not buying it. This same discussion is going on in several other threads on the front page of this forum, it's not like your thread is the only possible destination for this discussion.

Even if your claim that you weren't trying to pat yourself on the back is true, doubt I'm the only one who thinks the optics look deuche-y. FWIW your response did little to dissuade me of the deuche-y appearance of this thread bump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad