Does Tampa have what it takes to win the Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
You really don't know what choking is do you? I don't blame you since you're an oilers fan though. How long has it been since you were in a position to choke?
He’s upset that Tyler Johnson has a higher points per game average than McDavid in the playoffs.

Not to mention Stamkos and Kucherov.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

giphy.gif

Reactions: Sam Spade

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
The question I have is will a big enough fanbase appreciate a Cup? The other night when the Wild played Tampa I couldn’t believe how many empty seats. It was a real shame. How can a team this good with massive potential still not draw in more interest? I don’t get it.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
He’s upset that Tyler Johnson has a higher points per game average than McDavid in the playoffs.

Not to mention Stamkos and Kucherov.
Point too. We got four players with higher ppg in the playoffs than McDavid.

Also, guess who's just 0.06 ppg below McDavid in the playoffs? Alex Killorn.

In short: if I was an Oilers fan I wouldn't really chirp any team in the league. Especially not one which has over 20 more wins than your "team" at this point of the season.

Reactions: Hoek

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Not that I question their skill, coaching and abilities, but who here thinks they will run out of gas? They have been balls to the wall since game 1 and I sometimes think there will be nothing left in the tank come round 2/3 and SCF. Look at Winnipeg last year. They played well all year and hit a wall in the WCF

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Tampa is the absolute top favorite for the Cup. If I were to bet money, I wouldn't think twice on betting on them.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Tampa is the absolute top favorite for the Cup. If I were to bet money, I wouldn't think twice on betting on them.

Seeing Boston lately and the Caps looking better I’m not so sure. The only thing I’m confident on is Tampa gets out of round 1 and let’s be honest. If they draw someone like Carolina who comes in running hot there’s no guarantees. They also struggled with the Isles this year in all 3 games against them. The obviously suck at the moment but if they were to get get hot in the final 5-10 games and end up as WC2 I think they could be a dangerous matchup

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not that I question their skill, coaching and abilities, but who here thinks they will run out of gas? They have been balls to the wall since game 1 and I sometimes think there will be nothing left in the tank come round 2/3 and SCF. Look at Winnipeg last year. They played well all year and hit a wall in the WCF

We've been on cruise control since January

Reactions: jgimp and Hoek

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We've been on cruise control since January

They looked really good last night, don’t think that was cruise control. But yeah thought it was a good effort against a struggling team. I know they had been guilty of playing down to their competition before, but did not see that last night. I am curious how they will fair tomorrow against a potential 2nd round match up.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The Lightning have only played "balls to the wall" in like 5 minute spurts when they're down or tied. The moment they get a two goal lead they totally coast. They've been using the PP and quick starts to get easy leads and just managing the game after that. Any high scoring blowout wins they get are just from countering or PPing opponents to death.

Reactions: Master P and DFC

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
They’re having a monster season. They obviously have the right team to win a cup. There’s no guarantee as the playoffs are a brutal slog for any team but they’re still absolute monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad