Does Tampa has the Best Goalie, Defenceman & Winger?

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Does Tampa has the Best Goalie, Defenceman & Winger?

Tampa Bay Lightning Defenceman & Goalie just voted as a the Best NHL Defenceman & Goalie respectivaly by their peers. Results are lopsided surprisingly.

Victor Hedman got by 64.71% of NHL players' vote. Jose & Makar came distant 2/3 (both with 7.35% votes)
E4GFIH3XoAAdPxX

Andrei Vasilevskiy also voted by NHL Players as 'The Best Goalie' in NHL. He got 54.12% of votes. While Fleury & Price got 8.88% & 8.25% of votes respectivaly
E4GFIH1XMAYG4x8

But no vote polls for 'The Best Wing' though. Is Nikita Kucherov the 'The Best Winger' in the World?

Last edited:

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
No he couldn't.

What is the obsession hockey fans have with saying XXX is better than McDavid? No one is better than McDavid.

Better regular season peak, twice the playoff performer if not more. More than "a case" I would say.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This year? No not even close.

Vasilevskiy as best goalie, that I can buy.

Kucherov is at the top of the winger group but not above Panarin, who scores just as much with less help.

Hedman just had a bad year. One of the worst D-men on the Bolts since late March. Keep in mind that these are the players that kept voting Carey Price as best goalie even when he was not starter caliber, and they also had Seth Jones just outside the top 5 D this year despite his bad year. Players can tell you a lot about certain opponents and players for high profile teams but they're usually not that knowledgable about the league as a whole.

Reactions: User9992

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Yes, no, probably. Vasilevsky is number one, Hedman isn't, Kucherov is in the same tier as Kane, Rantanen, Marner, Marchand. His one outsider 128pts season and insane b2b playoffs performances gives him the nod.

ShaneinTpa

May 21, 2019
McDavid clearly has the most skill but it would be very hard for anybody to argue that Kucherov doesn’t possess the highest hockey IQ of anybody in the league. His ability to read plays before they happen are the likes of which I have not seen since Wayne Gretzky.

You don’t understand half of what this guy can do watching it on television. I have the luxury of watching him play live every night as a Tampa season ticket holder. This guy is playing chess on the ice while others are trying to figure out checkers

UED

May 2, 2021
I'd say they do. And they have the very best group of supporting stars too and probably a top 5 bottom 6, maybe top 3. With arguably the best coach in hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad