Does Skinner Stay or Does He Go?

Does Skinner Resign with the Sabres, or Does He Leave, and For How Much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Do the Sabres sign Skinner to a "friendly" deal, an "expensive" deal, or does he go somewhere else, just for a team he prefers, or for more money?

And yes, I know there is no choice between $7.5 mil and $8 mil. It's either one or the other, in my opinion.

davej0122

Jan 24, 2008
San Diego
My guess is we extend him, 8 x 8.5 at the Trade Deadline.
I'd be very disappointed if this was the case. Too much money for that much term.

8 years at $7m ($56M) or 6 years at 8.5 ($51m) . He can leave after 6 years, and in those additional 2 years and after the cap increases pick up a $5-$6m/year for 2 years and out produce.

I dont want the Sabres to have to commit to him for 8 years.

Reactions: Goathead

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
My guess is he likes where he's at and is waiting to push the price up as high as he can. I figure he settles in between 7.85M and 8.5M per season on a 7 or 8 year pact. He has done everything you need a player to do when acquiring a talent who excels at scoring goals. From all accounts he's been a model citizen as well. He fits the team vibe going forward for sure.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I could see Buffalo maybe trying to use that 8th year to get the AAV down to somewhere in the $7’s.

Skinner is young enough that the 8th year isn’t really that much of an issue, and Buffalo is the only team that can offer it. Why not use it to their advantage...

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Skinner will be re-signed. I have 0 doubt about it. Most likely 5 or 6 yrs, 8 - 8.5 aav. And worth every penny.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I voted he stays for over $8M/ but I think whomever signs this deal will regret it quickly.
I would not trust a guy having easily his best season in a UFA year.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I voted he stays for over $8M/ but I think whomever signs this deal will regret it quickly.
I would not trust a guy having easily his best season in a UFA year.
His career ES production by itself is worth his market price price. He is unquestionably 1.5 million dollars better than Evander Kane.

The question is whether investing anything over 5-6 in those tiers of players is good business.

Deleted member 27798

Two completely different players, but assuming they would cost the same in FA, who would you rather have on the wing...Stone or Skinner?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
8 x 8 - 8.25 mil

skinner should realize he is coming off a 49 point season last year and that Jack Eichel is the main reason he is tearing it up as much as he is. He should take a team friendly deal closer to 8 then 9.

It is a tough situation for us. how do you not pay the best winger since Vanek? J & J are the best duo since 23 and 48. they must be kept.

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Over the past 3 years, Skinner is tied for the 3rd most ESG and 11th most goals period. Now that he is with an elite #1 center he is producing even more.

Playing with Eichel is the reason for his offensive explosion, not the contract year. He is also the reason Eichel is on a 100+ point pace; someone finally cashes in when Jack feeds them in the slot.

Pay the man.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I'm going on a limb and saying he's going to sign for 7.5, maybe even 7.25 for 7 with a NTC. He'll drop his price a bit if Buffalo gives him a NTC. He wants to be here, and has a good thing going knowing Eichel will be here throughout his contract.

Buf fan in Nash

Jul 18, 2018
Nashville, TN
I don't see there being any chance he accepts lower than $8m per year on a long term contract because he should pass 40 goals easily. He only has to score 18 more goals in 50 games. At this point it seems much more likely he will get to 50 goals.

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad