Does Simon T allow cap retention

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Just curious seeing it happening more an more in the NHL especially in a flat cap world. Does the Sim have an option to allow rebuilders to agree to take on up to half salary in a trade?

Seems to be an issue last couple years even in our league harder to move(unless your the Ducks) bigger salary rentals. Would open more options for teams if possible for next year

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Just curious seeing it happening more an more in the NHL especially in a flat cap world. Does the Sim have an option to allow rebuilders to agree to take on up to half salary in a trade?

Seems to be an issue last couple years even in our league harder to move(unless your the Ducks) bigger salary rentals. Would open more options for teams if possible for next year
Yes it does, we've just never opened it up. I'm not actually sure if I'd support the idea. I likely would...but I'd need to put more thought into it. We need to be careful about what sort of long term damage people can do to teams should someone bail on the league and leave a mess for someone else.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Yes it does, we've just never opened it up. I'm not actually sure if I'd support the idea. I likely would...but I'd need to put more thought into it. We need to be careful about what sort of long term damage people can do to teams should someone bail on the league and leave a mess for someone else.

I'd probably limit it only to 1 year rental deals tbh to prevent exactly that. I'd def agree on that part

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad