Does Rantanen go ahead of Marner in a re-draft?

Who gets picked first?

• Total voters

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I'm sorry, I felt so passionate when I wrote that. Marner is ridiculously good. Amazing player, but Rantanen is nearly 6'5, big body who can shoot and play make.

Cannot fault you for passion! That's what makes a real hockey fan :thumbu:

I just saw easily and was like.... well maybe not easily lol

I do love Rants size, the guy has an amazing career ahead of him for sure!

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Marner pretty easily. Rantanen fell off a cliff in the second half of the season and Marner finished with 94 points, which is pretty crazy

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Marner pretty easily. Rantanen fell off a cliff in the second half of the season and Marner finished with 94 points, which is pretty crazy
To be fair, Rantanen was dealing with injury issues, as was his linemate Landeskog, which slowed production of that entire line.

I think Marner would still go before Rantanen but honestly theres like 4 or 5 guys in that draft that could swap spots early in the draft and i think there can be arguments for all of them.

I still think its Mcdavid number 1 (obviously), Eichel number 2 then take your pick.
Rantanen, Aho, Marner, Barzal, Werenski, Provorov, Connor with guys like Chabot and Meier, Boeser and more all starting to make arguments already.

Just an absolutely ridiculous draft.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
To be fair, Rantanen was dealing with injury issues, as was his linemate Landeskog, which slowed production of that entire line.

I think Marner would still go before Rantanen but honestly theres like 4 or 5 guys in that draft that could swap spots early in the draft and i think there can be arguments for all of them.

I still think its Mcdavid number 1 (obviously), Eichel number 2 then take your pick.
Rantanen, Aho, Marner, Barzal, Werenski, Provorov, Connor with guys like Chabot and Meier, Boeser and more all starting to make arguments already.

The draft will go down as one of the best for sure, just amazing depth.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Good thing we got Griffin Reinhart instead.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
Marner for sure, very unique player (only Gaudreau and Pettersson similair)

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Rantanen turned MacKinnon from a 50 point guy into a 100 point guy

Marner turned Tavares into a 84 point guy into an 88 point guy

seriously though i'd probably take Marner

Reactions: Lemonlimey

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Rantanen. More of a goalscorer, slightly better production and he is built like a tank.

The last two seasons:
Rantanen 60G 111A 171PTS 155GP
Marner 48G 115A 163PTS 163GP

Now factor in both players power play time in those two years.

Marner is close to being on another level offensively than Rantanen, but he doesn’t get the same amount of pp time to show it off.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
As soon as I saw "Does Rantanen go ahead of..." in the preview I immediately knew that Marner would be the name when I hovered over the link. Sure enough...

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Probably Marner still, similar production with less opportunity. I think if you were redrafting 2015, that tier behind Eichel expands to include Rantanen, Barzal, Aho, Provorov, maybe Werenski/Boeser. Hell of a draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad