Does Pittsburgh have enough two way forwards to win the Cup?

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Pouliot and Maatta. Convenient that you leave out the best two.

It goes without saying that Maatta has already established himself and Pouliot is the prized "kid" that has to play on a very thin defense. "Kids" would be those young players that surprise and make the team and that group is very small pool of players.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
It goes without saying that Maatta has already established himself and Pouliot is the prized "kid" that has to play on a very thin defense. "Kids" would be those young players that surprise and make the team and that group is very small pool of players.

Yes yes gordie, very small of corpse, so thin that we see through it, get it?

Keep on entertaining my friend, you're so bad at it that you're like those B-movies, you actually become good. :popcorn:

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Pittsburgh's problems have been a lack of depth up front (and Fleury, at times), not a lack of two-way forwards.

I wouldn't exactly blame that on Fleury. Did you except him to score goals too?

Penguins were busy losing games 2-1 in 2014-15 and collapsed vs the Rangers in 2013-14, scoring 4 goals in 3 games after having a 3-1 series lead.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
No question Kessel is going to help them produce and that top 6 is going to be scary. Arguably the best in the league.

My point is the Pens already never had any trouble with their top 6 with those two monsters on the ice.

What has been a problem is their bottom six centers and right now it's still Brandon Blackhole Sutter and we don't know.

Blackhole? He was one of the few bright spots in the bottom 6.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Yes yes gordie, very small of corpse, so thin that we see through it, get it?

Keep on entertaining my friend, you're so bad at it that you're like those B-movies, you actually become good. :popcorn:

That would be "corps" my friend but "corpse" could also be a accurate description of David Perron or Ben Lovejoy.:naughty:

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Pens would have at minimum two more cups without half of the injuries the last seven years.

Their only problem this year is health. If they are healthy they are a legitimate contender, and the favorite out of the East.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Pens would have at minimum two more cups without half of the injuries the last seven years.

Their only problem this year is health. If they are healthy they are a legitimate contender, and the favorite out of the East.

The depth isn't there. Can't have Scuderi, Kunitz, Dupuis, Perron and Lovejoy taking up 5 roster spots. The NHL is systematic and goals are scored more by teams then individuals and no NHL team is more individually-oriented right now then the Pittsburgh Penguins.;)

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
they'll be in the playoff picture and any changes that they need to make can happen at the deadline...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The depth isn't there. Can't have Scuderi, Kunitz, Dupuis, Perron and Lovejoy taking up 5 roster spots. The NHL is systematic and goals are scored more by teams then individuals and no NHL team is more individually-oriented right now then the Pittsburgh Penguins.;)

you really need to stop with Perron. You're embarrassing yourself.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon

:laugh:

that's some deep **** right there... useless too...

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
He can score on his own but I don't think he's a guy who's going to dictate play on his own.

Regardless, I see Kessel as a good move for the Pens overall. But they need more. Everyone's talking about this team as a Cup contender and looking at the Metro I don't see a team as deep as Washington or the Islanders here.

Nah. We're well aware the Metro is a dogfight and that we're far from any sort of favorite to win it at this point in time.

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
Blackhole? He was one of the few bright spots in the bottom 6.

He made everyone around him much much worse to make himself look slightly better to those who only watch highlights. Also a defensive sieve.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I might be a bit bias
But last time kessel was in the playoffs with the leafs he was arguably the best two way player on the leafs
As for health anything can happen but he's played 400 plus games
So unless he doesn't want to win then the trend should continue

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
He made everyone around him much much worse to make himself look slightly better to those who only watch highlights. Also a defensive sieve.

Offensively, you're right. That's what he does. But the team, and every player he plays with, allows less goals with Sutter on the ice.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh

Not to contradict you, but I've seen healthy Pens teams lose easily in the playoffs. I don't envision one automatic Cup, let alone two.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

You're re-defining what "kids" means now?

Is there a gordie dictionary somewhere for purchase so we can all understand what you mean, since your words don't mean what the regular English versions mean?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad