Does Pavlech have a chance of being Atlanta's future netminder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Pavalec has been playing at Eagles camp with spare equipment and skates two sizes too small. (His czech team wouldn't give him his old gear) He was still the most impressive goaltender at camp out of the rookies. Amazing talent, 2nd best goaltender in the draft.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Jason MacIsaac said:
He was still the most impressive goaltender at camp out of the rookies. Amazing talent, 2nd best goaltender in the draft.

With the best goalthender in the draft being Price or Rask?

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Jason MacIsaac said:
Pavalec has been playing at Eagles camp with spare equipment and skates two sizes too small. (His czech team wouldn't give him his old gear) He was still the most impressive goaltender at camp out of the rookies. Amazing talent, 2nd best goaltender in the draft.

Nope 3rd best. He's not as good as Price or Plante. Better than Rask though.

Techbert

Jun 9, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
Anyone Has A Chance

habsfan15 said:
I mean, Kari Lehtonen is in the system as well, and pretty much ready for the NHL

Anyone has a chance. A month ago Pasi Nurminen was the 1B Atlanta goalie. Now he will probably never play again. Things change.

I hope Lehtonen is in Atlanta's goal for the next 15 years, and I hope Pavelec develops so that he blossoms into a worthy starting goalie.

But there is a long way from cup to lip.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
Don't forget Michael Garnett, a solid Thrashers prospect perhaps a year away. He should get a start or two this year due to injuries.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Pavelec was really solid in the Eagles 7 - 3 win tonight for his half of the game. He had a SO. Really sound positionally, fast and covers the net well.

Last edited:

X-SHARKIE

Jason MacIsaac said:
Pavelec was really solid in the Eagles 7 - 3 win tonight for his half of the game. He had a SO. Really sound positionally, fast and covers the net well.

When he's on he's on....I saw him vs Russia at the U-18's and he was phenominal.... 1st round stuff..... but in the biggest game vs Sweden he emploded after a rough start.

He has to mature mentally, physically he has it.

Matt Gunning

Jul 29, 2002
Atlanta
Visit site
The Thrashers were very excited about getting him in the 2nd round. Check out the Thrashers Draft Review article on HF.

The team's European scout is very high on his potential. They had him ranked at #12 on their draft day list.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
sorry for the ignorance of not knowing, but who are the 'eagles' mentioned above? and what is going on with this guy? is he planning on coming to the CHL next season? how does he compare to schwarz in play and potential?

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
fedorov_jr said:
sorry for the ignorance of not knowing, but who are the 'eagles' mentioned above? and what is going on with this guy? is he planning on coming to the CHL next season? how does he compare to schwarz in play and potential?

- Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, and yes that is where he will be this season.

- Very much the opposite of Schwarz in my opinion. Marek is extremely quick, agile and balanced. Amazing athleticism actually, he will be a very fun goalie to watch if he tones down the overreaction and learns the North American game better. Pavelic is very, very strong positionally and he is a bit unorthodox - hard to explain but his style is very different, yet he holds all the fundamentals together and plays a nice, solid game. Kind of an odd ball cross between Giguere and Cechmanek. Nothing like Schwarz though.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
so should i take from those comments that you're high on pavelec or down on schwarz? and wasnt schwarz called unorthodox similar to hasek before he was drafted? i do still see a lot of potential in schwarz, so i'm just wondering about this new czech star goalie in the making.... if rating the last 2 drafts, including the price's and rask's and pavelec's and montoya's and dubnyk's and schwarz's, how do they shake down in terms of where they're at now, and where they could be in 3-4 seasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->