Does Pat Nagle get resigned?

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Pat Nagle has had disappointing numbers even in the ECHL, so there's an extremely low chance that he plays in the NHL, atleast with TBL. If we don't resign him, are we going to sign another goaltender to play in the ECHL? If we are, who would you guys like to see signed?

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Pat Nagle has had disappointing numbers even in the ECHL, so there's an extremely low chance that he plays in the NHL, atleast with TBL. If we don't resign him, are we going to sign another goaltender to play in the ECHL? If we are, who would you guys like to see signed?

Would love to see Mathias Niederberger in the organization, he plays really great in Barrie and is on his overager year, so he is more experienced than a usual CHL signee.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=42810

Other possible guys from the CHL:
Patrik Bartosak http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=100479
Eetu Laurikainen http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=43532
Andrew D'Agostini http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=45576
(considering how bad his team is, I would say his stats are pretty well)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

I think it depends on if we can get Janus and Vasileskiy over. If we get both no, if one maybe to a one year deal until they come over.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
I think it depends on if we can get Janus and Vasileskiy over. If we get both no, if one maybe to a one year deal until they come over.

Won't there only be one spot open in the AHL next season if Garon's contract is not resigned? Also, if this team doesn't make playoffs and Yzerman doesn't plan on resigning Garon, do you think Garon can be traded away for anything?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Notice that Nagle's stats dropped the season Orlando got a team? :sarcasm:

I don't have a whole lot to contribute here as I didn't see Nagle play last year so I can't really compare one season to the next, but the Everblades aren't as doing as well as they did last year so a drop in stats would be logical, and even then, the numbers he has aren't really terrible for the league he's in.

I think I've seen him three times, the first game he played well in, IIRC, and the second game where he wasn't great, but Orlando wasn't very good that game either and didn't seize the opportunity to put it past him when he was clearly vulnerable. The third game, a few days after the previous one, was more in line with the first time I saw him, the Solar Bears home opener, which is a game I pretty much have to check out of because of the feels and not being acclimatized to the league yet.

I'd be really surprised if Nagle made it in the NHL. He's not the most impressive goalie I've seen in the league, even with the limited teams that come through Orlando. I'm not saying by any means that I think he's a bad goalie, but he's good for the ECHL level.

I thought his goalie partner Rob Madore fit more in the mold of the type of player I like, actually. When you watch him warmup, you can clearly see that he doesn't like any pucks to get past him. Florida didn't play him though so I can't assess if he's the better goalie.

Madore has been called up by AHL Charlotte, which seems to have been necessitated by Cam Ward's injury.

At any rate, Madore is only a year younger than Nagle and I have to think that the latter is pretty close to his ceiling. You have to keep into account that Nagle is 25.

I think that the Lightning will move on. Unless they somehow didn't find any young goalie that would be worthwhile.

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Won't there only be one spot open in the AHL next season if Garon's contract is not resigned? Also, if this team doesn't make playoffs and Yzerman doesn't plan on resigning Garon, do you think Garon can be traded away for anything?

I don't see Garon being resigned or traded. The reason we won't trade him is that would me Desjardins would be up full time and I'm not Riku can carry the Crunch on his own. He won't get resigned cause they'll give Riku, Desjardins and Janus if he comes over the shot at Linback's backup. If Janus and Vasileskiy don't come over then there will be a spot in the A. I'd prefer someone better than Nagle because he's not that great of an ECHL goalie. I wouldn't mind resigning him to be in the ECHL and get called up in emergencies but that's all I expect from him.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
He could always start a fishing career...

I-See-What-You-Did-There..png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad