Speculation: Does Nick Robertson make the roster for return to play?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Barring Robertson looking completely off the pace of the game, he will play game 1. Keefe has sung his praises, and teammates have loved the way he has played and made an impact, he is on the team.
I have 2 main focuses for the exhibition game against the Habs. Analyzing the systematic changes if I can spot them, and obviously watching Robertson.
I'm not worried about the result of the game too much.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He's made it into their roster for Phase 4. However that doesn't mean he's going to play against Columbus, so I think that will be answered on how well he plays against Montreal this Tuesday.
He will be playing. If he can keep the pace against a very underrated habs club i will be proud. The habs are fast. It’s not about him scoring in this game, it’s about being in the right ice at the right time and doung his job defensively and possession wise.

OpenNetSniper

Mar 27, 2013
Excited to see him play in his first NHL caliber test. Love his compete level, and want to see him battle against Gallagher/Domi...

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Excited to see him play in his first NHL caliber test. Love his compete level, and want to see him battle against Gallagher/Domi...
My guess is that tomorrow will be pretty low key. Doubt anyone wants to risk getting hurt or anything right before the playoffs.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
My guess is that tomorrow will be pretty low key. Doubt anyone wants to risk getting hurt or anything right before the playoffs.
I'm expecting the opposite. There's 1 game to get ready for playoffs and some players fighting for spots. Nobody will want to enter the play-ins with a loss

Reactions: Havoc

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I'm expecting the opposite. There's 1 game to get ready for playoffs and some players fighting for spots. Nobody will want to enter the play-ins with a loss
Oh, I think they will play hard, I just don't envision a lot of rough, extra curricular stuff or much physical contact.

OpenNetSniper

Mar 27, 2013
Yeah by no means am I expecting any scrums or super physical play. Just want to see him play hard and battle (away from the puck). He brought it in Team practice, so expect to see it against the Habs. Love that he chirps too, so who knows?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Look like Robertson is starting at LW with Kerfoot and Kapanen.

Interesting (and fun), but I imagine that line will need to be heavily sheltered vs putting Engvall in that spot.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Very true, but I think the chances of a 5'9", 164-pound almost-19-year-old jumping from the Peterborough Petes to the Toronto Maple Leafs after one exhibition game for a five-game elimination series would have to be pretty remote.

If he makes it they should give him #99 or something.

I would be very surprised -- and impressed :)
I think hes earned it.

I am very impressed!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->