Does Montreal make the playoffs in 2021-2022?

Does Montreal make the playoffs in 2021-2022?

• Total voters

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

Exactly.

18th place team this year. They're not a good team.

The only reason they made it in this season is because they were gifted a berth from other teams in the North being so bad.

The only reason they won round 1 is because the Leafs are still a bunch of chokers.

The only reason they won round 2 is because Winnipeg rolled over and showed their belly and gave them that series.

The only reason they won round 3 is because they were lucky, and Vegas crapped the bed at exactly the wrong time.

They're not deserving of being where they are, and won't be there next season, when they have to play Boston, Tampa, Florida, Toronto all year long.

Things are returning to normal now. Nature is healing. And Montreal is returning to it's mediocrity.

'Morning all. :)

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Exactly.

The only reason they made it in this season is because they were gifted a berth from other teams in the North being so bad.

The only reason they won round 1 is because the Leafs are still a bunch of chokers.

The only reason they won round 2 is because Winnipeg rolled over and showed their belly and gave them that series.

The only reason they won round 3 is because they were lucky, and Vegas crapped the bed at exactly the wrong time.

They're not deserving of being where they are, and won't be there next season, when they have to play Boston, Tampa, Florida, Toronto all year long.

Things are returning to normal now. Nature is healing. And Montreal is returning to it's mediocrity.

Considering ALL your playoffs predictions were wrong, I'm very pleased to read this. :D

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Tampa
Florida
Toronto
Boston
Montreal
Ottawa
Detroit
Buffalo

I'm gonna say no, I think they finish in that order.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Some terrible arguments in this thread... lol. Some of you are imagining the Atlantic division will magically re-align like it was 2019. Others are using the "18th overall!" meme, as if it's relevant to rank teams that played in completely separate leagues.

Lucky for Montreal, it's no longer 2019. Their roster has changed dramatically. The former top teams in the Atlantic are weaker and Montreal won't be flying across time zones to play them 25 times in 43 days. The only real threat in the division is the team they're currently playing in the SCF. Florida also looks good.

In October it'll be almost two years since the Atlantic teams played each other. Rosters have changed a lot, and they'll change even more in the off season. The schedule will be back to normal. Montreal looks like a solid playoff team in the Atlantic.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
I voted no simply because I wouldn’t be upset with a top draft pick in the 2022 draft :D

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Some terrible arguments in this thread... lol. Some of you are imagining the Atlantic division will magically re-align like it was 2019. Others are using the "18th overall!" meme, as if it's relevant to rank teams that played in completely separate leagues.

Lucky for Montreal, it's no longer 2019. Their roster has changed dramatically. The former top teams in the Atlantic are weaker and Montreal won't be flying across time zones to play them 25 times in 43 days. The only real threat in the division is the team they're currently playing in the SCF. Florida also looks good.

In October it'll be almost two years since the Atlantic teams played each other. Rosters have changed a lot, and they'll change even more in the off season. The schedule will be back to normal. Montreal looks like a solid playoff team in the Atlantic.

So who in the Atlantic do they finish ahead of? Everyone but Tampa?

I think MTL definitely can compete in the division and if price plays like he has in the playoffs they'll make it but if he doesn't, I still have a hard time seeing them ahead of Boston Florida and Toronto over 82 games.

I don't think they're as bad as 18th overall, but I don't think they are better than any of those 5 teams. Yes changes will happen in the offseason, but that's the same for those teams too - all will try to get better.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
So who in the Atlantic do they finish ahead of? Everyone but Tampa?

I think MTL definitely can compete in the division and if price plays like he has in the playoffs they'll make it but if he doesn't, I still have a hard time seeing them ahead of Boston Florida and Toronto over 82 games.

I don't think they're as bad as 18th overall, but I don't think they are better than any of those 5 teams. Yes changes will happen in the offseason, but that's the same for those teams too - all will try to get better.
The only team clearly better than the rest is Tampa. Florida looks to be the next best roster, although it's too soon to tell. After that, I'd place Montreal or Toronto.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Exactly.

I’m assuming this is a troll post?

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
Why are Leafs fans making stupid threads like this and throwing pot shots in this thread? Has our suffering not been great enough? Leave Montreal alone. Be humble. We have no place to talk until our group of losers finally win a playoff series.

Last edited:

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
You still have to get there

Agreed. But they're in the Stanley Cup Final and we are reverting back to our old ways of saying "well you won't make the playoffs next year and the Leafs will! NA NA NA NA."

We lost in embarrassing fashion again. Let's try some humility and lay off the stupid debates until our group of losers win a playoff round and earn our fanbase back some honor. Until then we have been put on the bench to watch because this year's loss was that brutally pathetic. As far as I'm concern this Leafs team is losing everything until proven otherwise.

How can a single Leafs fan honestly act like we aren't the biggest embarrassment in the NHL right now and try and be smug? Has the social media age completely removed any form of humility and self reflection?

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Agreed. But they're in the Stanley Cup Final and we are reverting back to our old ways of saying "well you won't make the playoffs next year and the Leafs will! NA NA NA NA."

We lost in embarrassing fashion again. Let's try some humility and lay off the stupid debates until our group of losers win a playoff round and earn our fanbase back some honor. Until then we have been put on the bench to watch because this year's loss was that brutally pathetic. As far as I'm concern this Leafs team is losing everything until proven otherwise.

How can a single Leafs fan honestly act like we aren't the biggest embarrassment in the NHL right now and try and be smug? Has the social media age completely removed any form of humility and self reflection?

Why do we as fans need some self-reflection? Only in cases like where you may want to remove the "Leafs And" from your
forum name. Yes it sucked, yes something happened between games 4 and 5, it was incredible that this shit team beat us.
I'm going to let you in on a little secret: Time moves forward, and as it does, so do we. The management, coaching staff and
players need self-reflection, the fans doing it means nothing, except for themselves.

There will be another season, hopefully with salient changes, and we'll see from there.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
East is going to be too strong IMO

Tampa
Carolina
Toronto
Florida
Washington
NYI
Pittsburgh
New York
----
Boston
Ottawa
New Jersey
Montreal
Columbus
Philadelphia
Buffalo
Detroit

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
I'm more optimistic than a few months ago at least. Caufield helps a lot, younger players being a year older and more impactful hopefully, plus our cap situation is fairly solid now without Tatar - lol - and we'll see what happens with Drouin really. There should be money to improve and not all teams can realistically say that considering the circumstances.

Now of course a Bergevin offseason will always be a bit Jesus takes the wheel but you know

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad