Does Montreal make the playoffs in 2021-2022?

Does Montreal make the playoffs in 2021-2022?

• Total voters

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
If they win the cup obviously it doesn't matter if they miss next year - you take that any day of the week but I'm curious where the Vegas odds will sit.

Tampa, Boston, Florida, Toronto in a tough division.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i'd lean towards no but I guess you never know with injuries player development etc

they definitely wouldn't have made it this year in anything resembling a normal year though that much is for sure

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I think so with Suzuki, Caufield, KK, Romanov being a year older and gaining a TON of experience right now. Question is whether the big 4 on D can do what theyre doing over 82 games. I dont think theyll be a top 5 seed, but 6-8th is a definite possibility.

Boston may be a little worse with Rask and Krejci leaving. Im not convinced FLA will repeat, but definitely could. PIT and WSH's elite core are a year older, but still great.... Philly and NYR are the big question marks for me.

TB
CAR
TOR
NYI
WSH
PIT
BOS
MTL

FLA
NYR
PHI
OTT
DET
CBJ
NJD
BUF

Last edited:
Reactions: wetcoast

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I went no, but that's not meant as a shot against Montreal. The East is really strong at the moment. Tampa, Boston, Toronto, Pittsburgh, Washington, New York (Islanders) and Carolina are at 3 years or more consecutively in the playoffs. Florida was really good this past season. The Rangers are a threat to breakout at any moment. It's an even year for Philadelphia. So, a couple talented teams are not going to make it. It is what is.

Reactions: DaveG

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Confidence is a hell of a thing. If they win the cup - in my opinion they definitely make the playoffs. They'll be entering next year on such a high, and it'll carry them through, yes. Even if they don't win the cup, they'll go into next year with a ton of confidence.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
If they win the cup obviously it doesn't matter if they miss next year - you take that any day of the week but I'm curious where the Vegas odds will sit.

Tampa, Boston, Florida, Toronto in a tough division.

They have a good chance. They have young guys like Suzuki, Caufield, Kotkaniemi, Romanov and Evans that should be even better and more consistent next season. Resigning Danault will be important, maybe even Armia and Perry.

As for the competition, I think Florida is over-rated though they finally have a good coach. Boston's top line is still great but their depth is dwindling. I think the Habs can finish ahead of them.

Tampa will need to purge some contracts but are still a great team if healthy. Many questions around Toronto but I think they'll be fine.

The team to watch out for in the division is Ottawa. They'll battle for that last playoff spot as well.

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
Depend if Price miss half the season again, if Gallagher miss 1/3 , if Caufield go back to college or if COVID is still a thing and they have to play 25 games in 43 days at some point.. they will probably miss the playoffs

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Way too early to make this type of prediction before the off season (trades, free agency), but I'll say one thing...I see Boston as trending in the wrong direction (getting old) and Florida as the most overrated team on these boards.

Reactions: abo9

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
No. I think they will end up like the 06 Oilers (win or lose), by missing the playoffs next year. The 06 Canes also missed in 07, which kind of funny, both SCF teams missing the following year...Can't imagine that has happened too many times.

TBF to the Canes, they had a bunch of retirements IIRC.

Reactions: DaveG

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Depends on if they have Corey Perry on the roster or not. He's the secret ingredient to making the finals. Look at Dallas, no Perry, no finals. Anaheim? No Perry, no finals.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I think they can finish as high as 3rd in that division, definitely can fight for the 4th spot. Boston I can see take a decline because of their goaltending situation, but I'm not betting against them lol. And what about the metro division? Penguins and Caps still hove some gas left in the tank. Carolina is one of the better teams in the league. Flyers are back in the playoffs, that's just how it goes with them. Year in, year out, year in etc. I think Rangers will improve.

It's a tough conference man.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Montreal is a much better team than people give them credit for, and have a bright future. I say they make it. There's a better chance that the Islanders miss next year than Montreal missing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->