Does McDavid Ever Get A Cup?

Question McDavid ever get a cup

• Total voters

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
This is just a thread to shit on Edmonton. If you look at guys that didn't end up on teams with other generational players, it took them a while to have playoff success.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
He will win the cup and it will be in Edmonton. The team that has 5 cup wins and 7 finals appearances.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
He will win the cup and it will be in Edmonton. The team that has 5 cup wins and 7 finals appearances.

I don't understand why that has anything to do with it.

I would hope he can win one at some point, but it'll have to be on a roster with more than 1 good teammate.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
McDavid will win one, in Edmonton, while playing for the other team

McDavid gets fed up, demands trade, Oilers fetch a boat load of assets.

Oilers fluke it one year like they did during the Pronger year, get to the finals, and meets McDavid.

McDavid wins cup in a sweep, the final game being in Edmonton.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I think he wins the Oilers a Cup in his last year of current contract, but it is accompanied with a bittersweet ending for Oilers.

I cannot confirm or deny at the time, but it seems my source close to the league, has reason to believe McDavid would like to build a legacy in the USA, like his idols Crosby & Gretzky.

Through word-of-mouth, it's come to fruition that despite McDavid's one true dream of wanting to play for Maple Leafs, it's that he wants to expand his legacy & brand in the USA. It will make the NHL, as well as 97, a guaranteed boatload of extra millions in the mecca hockey franchise of USA.

:rangers

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
This is just a thread to **** on Edmonton. If you look at guys that didn't end up on teams with other generational players, it took them a while to have playoff success.
No it's not a thread to shit on Edmonton. It's a legitimate question of whether it will happen (Edmonton or elsewhere).

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
I'd say his odds are about one in 31 or 32 times about 15 years. Odds are against as they are for all players.
By that math, if his career is 16 years long, there is a 60% chance he does not win a cup if every team has the same odds (1 in 32). Obviously some teams have better or worse than 1 in 32 odds, so that changes the odds significantly (a team with 1/16 odds has a 35% chance to not win one, while a team with 1/8 odds (a top contender every year) still has an 11% chance of not winning the cup over a 16 year span.

Voting no, because I think the oilers will be an average at best team going forward, and short of a lucky/amazing year, the players around him won't be good enough to elevate the team.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
giphy.gif

Reactions: Thenameless

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I think he eventually will. Very rarely does a player this good, not find a way to win. He may have to "Cup Chase" to do it by joining an already-strong team, but he'll likely get it done eventually.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I think he eventually will. Very rarely does a player this good, not find a way to win. He may have to "Cup Chase" to do it by joining an already-strong team, but he'll likely get it done eventually.

As long as Edmotnon manages to improve from what they have right now they could actually do it in the not so distant future. They are looking pretty damn good as a team lately even if still very top heavy, but that top is the best in the game.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
i think he will but it won't be with deadmonton
How comical will this look if/when he wins one in the next 3 years?
He's 22 with 7 yrs left on contract, and he's got another generational talent on his wing. And they're currently #1 in the division

And 'deadmonton' has a bigger population than half of the NHL cities across the league. Sure, it's cold, but it's a livelier city than people realize

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->