Does Makar eventually wear an “A” for the avs?

Does Makar get an A

• Total voters

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Just a thought in light of the avs possibly bringing back the Nordiques jerseys for the 25 th anniversary of the move from Quebec to Denver. This is my all time favourite jerseys and I will get one if they bring them back. I’m going to get a Makar jersey but I hate getting a jersey and then eventually the player gets a letter and then your jersey don’t have it and seems stupid. I.e. I bought a Mackinnon when he was a rookie and now he has an A and it doesn’t seem right when I wear it but it probably would be worse to get the A and the player end up not getting the letter. Eventually after EJ leaves I think Makar gets the A. I know Dumb thread, but I’m bored and curious what people think.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Another poll!

I would say almost definitely. Kid has that humble attitude you like to see out of your core guys. I suspect he eventually gets the EJ A.

Done Avs still have different guys wearing letters for Road/Home games? If so I could see him getting a letter as soon as next year honestly for some Home games.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I think it’s pretty likely that he wears an ‘A’ eventually. He shows an incredible amount of poise for a rookie.

One of Makar/Girard/Rantanen will get Johnson’s A.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'd say so, probably when EJ goes. I'd probably have him next in line for the C if Landy ever moves on. As long as he has the arm strength to yank MacKinnon off the bench when he's losing his mind :laugh:

Reactions: forsbergavs32

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Yes and possibly a C someday maybe
I’d think Mack would be next in line for the C. Although I don’t want to see Landy go anywhere, he’s a big part of this teams core

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It will be between Mikko and Makar for who gets the second A when EJ leaves.

Mikko is an underrated leader and a big part of the the Avs success. Bednar likes to reward his star players rather than role players with the A when he has the chance. That's why he took the A's away from Iginla and McLeod his first year.

The thing working against Mikko is that you would have all three captains on the same line instead of spread throughout the lineup to talk to the refs. I've never thought that was a big deal though because the guys always know who the most veteran guy is on the ice, and they let them talk, but some teams don't like to load up on all the captains on the same line.

It will be a tough call between MacKinnon and Makar in the future for Captain though once Landy moves on or retires. They're both elite driving forces for the Avs success, but Makar's mentality and lack of emotional roller coaster that Nate goes on from time to time make him a better choice IMO. It will be tough not to pick Nate though if he's still one of the best players in the world.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Landy will almost certainly retire before Makar does. I don't see why Makar wouldn't be a top contender for that C once that happens. I'm not sure if MacK particularly cares if he gets the captaincy, he just wants to win.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Landy will almost certainly retire before Makar does. I don't see why Makar wouldn't be a top contender for that C once that happens. I'm not sure if MacK particularly cares if he gets the captaincy, he just wants to win.

We have at least ~7-8 years before that happens, maybe a decade... a lot will change between now and then. Both MacK and Makar could be gone, both could be here. Owen Power or Matvei Michkov could be our best player. Maybe @cgf is the GM.

Reactions: McMetal

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
We have at least ~7-8 years before that happens, maybe a decade... a lot will change between now and then. Both MacK and Makar could be gone, both could be here. Owen Power or Matvei Michkov could be our best player. Maybe @cgf is the GM.

upload_2020-5-12_17-5-50.gif

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
True, it's impossible to make any predictions this far out. Maybe Landeskog declines and does the same thing Hejduk did where he passes the torch. But at least in terms of personality, Makar fits the bill as far as Avs captains go in the Sakic mold.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I hope Landy retires an Av and is healthy and effective into his late 30's, but realistically we don't know how long he'll be with the team.

His deal is up after next year, and I think they'll try to pony up the cash to keep him, but we don't really know for how long since he'll be 29 in the first year of his next deal.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Just a thought in light of the avs possibly bringing back the Nordiques jerseys for the 25 th anniversary of the move from Quebec to Denver. This is my all time favourite jerseys and I will get one if they bring them back. I’m going to get a Makar jersey but I hate getting a jersey and then eventually the player gets a letter and then your jersey don’t have it and seems stupid. I.e. I bought a Mackinnon when he was a rookie and now he has an A and it doesn’t seem right when I wear it but it probably would be worse to get the A and the player end up not getting the letter. Eventually after EJ leaves I think Makar gets the A. I know Dumb thread, but I’m bored and curious what people think.
I'm pretty sure you can walk in and ask them to add an A on your jersey. They'll charge you something but it can be done.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

That would make it a lot harder to take potshots from the sidelines without having to take on any risks myself...

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
lol the results

Makar is going to get an A at some point because he's going to be an Avs for a very long time.

I think it would be a bit more interesting if the poll was 'would Makar get an A within the next 3 years (before EJ is gone).'

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Makar is going to get an A at some point because he's going to be an Avs for a very long time.

I think it would be a bit more interesting if the poll was 'would Makar get an A within the next 3 years (before EJ is gone).'
Answer is no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad