Does Larkin become the player he is today without Zetterberg?

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
I would offer Stamkos 3 years at 4-5M. He can’t be worse than Copp, and he actually has some mentorship to offer.
Roflcoptor.

No way in hell would Stamkos ever accept that.

He just had another ppg season with 40 goals.

Yes, he is in his mid-30s but he will still get salary at least around 6 1/2 million

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
He absolutely is not. I watch every Lightning game. He sucked at the start of the year but is crushing it now. The whole team was meh at the beginning. He's been a point per game player the past three seasons. 17 points in his last 10 games. He's a little slower

And you are correct, he probably would not put up 60 points on Detroit because Detroit is a mid team currently.

He is not signing for 6 mil. It'd be cool if he did and came here, but I don't see that happening.

Yeah, even watching him in the playoffs, he's still a damn good player that plays hard and his speed doesn't seem to be that detrimental out there. He's tough, gritty, and can score. At the end of the day, our current predicament is that when Larkin is out, teams basically have to gameplan for 4 checking lines. Adding Stamkos resolves that, at least in the short term. The "he plays with Kucherov" stuff is so overplayed. He's on a line with Paul and Cirelli, the only time he sees the ice with Kucherov is the power play or in a pulled goalie situation.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Don’t get me wrong. I want to sign Stamkos in any situation. If I’m mistaken and he’s still a super effective player then that’s even better. 3 years at like 7.5 max is what I’d do but I’d do it.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
How's the relationship between Stamkos and Yzerman? Weren't their negotations a bit tense there in 2016?

But because stammer took a discount that enabled Steve to build a cap era juggernaut which got stammer 3 finals and two rings. I don't think he's too upset anymore

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
The player he is today? You mean a guy who averages a PPG on a team that never makes the playoffs? I like Larkin but we’re not exactly talking about a future HOFer.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I think in general it's a good thing to have accomplished veterans around younger players. Small things like game day prep, small maintenance choices to better recover between games, etc. are important too. Plus any small bits of wisdom for on-ice success like winning puck battles or beating defenders and goalies. Or defending against certain moves/ tactics. Learning anything at all is better than nothing. I have no clue how you'd ever quantify it to say in this specific example that Dylan Larkin is better for it, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad