Does Kessler have a chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkateLikeTheWind

Jun 16, 2004
Denver, CO
With Konowalchuk's injury, his probable roster spot is open.

Kessler's play as of late has been real good. He brings good energy and is constantly around the puck in the offensive zone and makes plays happen. He kills penalties and don't believe he is a defensive liability.

I just can't think of who I would want on the team over him.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
SkateLikeTheWind said:
With Konowalchuk's injury, his probable roster spot is open.

Kessler's play as of late has been real good. He brings good energy and is constantly around the puck in the offensive zone and makes plays happen. He kills penalties and don't believe he is a defensive liability.

I just can't think of who I would want on the team over him.

He might be in the mix, although I don't think it's his time yet. One name that I've heard come up is Jed Ortmeyer. He's not a household name, but he is a key role player for the Rangers who is playing very well right now in a variety of roles.

joe_shannon_1983*

Modano
Weight
Tkachuk
Guerin
Roenick
Drury
Gomez
Gionta
Cole
Halpern
Blake
Conroy
Langenbrunner

These players are all ahead of Kesler in my opinion. These are the players who, in my opinion, should be the 13 forwards that U.S.A. takes.

If they were to take a young guy, Parise and Brown would both probably be taken ahead of Kesler.

SkateLikeTheWind

Jun 16, 2004
Denver, CO
ferns8916 said:
Modano
Weight
Tkachuk
Guerin
Roenick
Drury
Gomez
Gionta
Cole
Halpern
Blake
Conroy
Langenbrunner

These players are all ahead of Kesler in my opinion. These are the players who, in my opinion, should be the 13 forwards that U.S.A. takes.

If they were to take a young guy, Parise and Brown would both probably be taken ahead of Kesler.

I agree on all the players you listed except Halpern. I don't see what is so good about this guy? Leadership? Experience? He has 1 goal this season despite getting tons of ice time with the Caps. I've seen him play several times this season and has not impressed me at all.

I would like to see one of Parise/Brown/Kessler take his spot. Re-checking the stats, Brown up to this point has produced the most, but I don't think one is head and shoulders above the rest.

FisticufsFred22

He's got a bunch of assists and is one of the best defensive fowards in the game. He's a great setup guy for the caps too. I think you're underestimating his value to team USA.

P.S. that's not spoken as a caps fan, but as an American. I'd be the first to say W.T.F. if I didnt like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->