Ken Holland expected to accept Oilers GM Position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
With the news breaking that Steve yzerman is going to be the next general manager of the Detroit redwings.

This obviously opens the door for Ken Holland to find another location.

I think there are many possible locations for him, Seattle probably be in the most intriguing one.

But I do wonder if maybe he’s considering Vancouver.

He is from British Columbia, you just absolutely know that our ownership would give him an absolutely stupid amount of money and control (holland demands it for sure)

He would be hired as the Vancouver Canucks president of hockey operations.

I still think it’s not going to happen, but it would be an absolutely earthshaking move if he did.

MOD UPDATE - The Edmonton Oilers' next GM will be Ken Holland, if he wants the job - Sportsnet.ca

Last edited by a moderator:

member 298589

With the news breaking that Steve yzerman is going to be the next general manager of the Detroit redwings.

I think there are many possible locations for him, Seattle probably be in the most intriguing one.

He is from British Columbia, you just absolutely know that our ownership would give him an absolutely stupid amount of money and control (holland demands it for sure)

I still think it’s not going to happen, but it would be an absolutely earthshaking move if he did.
Please explain.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Well, he's already apparently decided to run away screaming from Edmonton, per Dreger:
https://www.tsn.ca/holland-withdraws-from-oilers-gm-search-1.1293167

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I doubt he’ll stay in Detroit after his contract expires it’ll be interesting to see what happens with the senior VP or whatever position he’s moving into

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Good. He would totally be the wrong choice for Edmonton. The guy is washed up in my opinion.

Yeah, he's a bum. Couldn't keep a team competitive for 22 years in a row. That task is so easy, even an HF poster can do it!

Seriously, I think Holland is the wrong GM to helm the rebuild in Detroit, but, he is still a great GM. He knows how to surround himself with good people, other GMs like him, and he knows role players. All things Edmonton could use right now.

Reactions: Laodongxi

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Will Seattle want him tho? he doesn't exactly have a lot of experience in building a team aside from the last year or two in DET. GMGM works so well in Vegas because he had to tear the Caps down to the ground.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Yeah, he's a bum. Couldn't keep a team competitive for 22 years in a row. That task is so easy, even an HF poster can do it!

Seriously, I think Holland is the wrong GM to helm the rebuild in Detroit, but, he is still a great GM. He knows how to surround himself with good people, other GMs like him, and he knows role players. All things Edmonton could use right now.
He was good for a long time. But I think the past 2 years have shown that he may not have it anymore and is not the right guy to rebuild a team any longer. Even Detroit sees that.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Hes coming to Van. It's his plan all along

He did a stealth troll job when he drafted Zadina at 6th w Det and leaving Van w Hughes at 7th.

He knew he was going to be the President of Canucks 2 yrs later and wanted Hughes all along.

It's a trues story, facts and everything.

Reactions: Robongo01

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

I don't know why people haven't picked up on this, but he is doing the same exact thing Steve just did - he'll be an "advisor" this season until Seattle is ready to fire things up, and then he'll take that job as it has been rumored already.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Depends how long Holland wishes to work. He’s 63 now and will turn 64 near the end of the year. He’ll turn 66 1/3 into Seattle’s first season.

With the news above, that’s not surprising that he opted to remain in Detroit and wind down some of the more rigorous Day to Day duties. Been there a long time. Why relocate for the final few years of your career?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Leave.

This feels like most other situations where a long time GM is forced into an advisor role. He'll do it until another job comes up he wants

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Holland has the best job possible. Respect, good pay, responsibilities probably include keeping the office liquor cabinet well stocked and showing up to watch hockey games once in awhile.

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad