Player Discussion Does Jordan Harris have top pairing potential?

Does Jordan Harris have top pairing potential?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Good job attacking the vocabulary instead of the point! Really shows how you got absolutely no answer to the fact that the vast majority of the people don't think Harris has top pairing upside. You are also plain wrong, it's not 34 and 9. Are you going to continue being deliberately obtuse or will you finally acknowledge that very few think he has top pairing upside? My guess is the former.

Ask the Habs if they think Harris has top pairing potential, they definitely did think Metes defensive game got worse.

From solid 3rd pairing D to top pairing upside, you can't even keep up with your own story anymore. You also just said in this thread you saw him more as a 3rd pairing D, your refusal to acknowledge you are wrong is getting really embarrassing.

Well then you must think the Habs were wrong to send him down BECAUSE OF HIS POOR DEFENSIVE GAME. I'll take their opinion and what I've seen over what people say here.

I said that I can see why posters don't think he has top pairing upside, what's so hard to understand about that? But I also pointed out that I don't think that many are watching a number of his games at Northeastern especially since this year they stopped doing free streams of home games for the most part because of the new deal that Hockey East did with CBS sports.

How am I going to ask the Habs if they think Harris has top pairing potential, and if you asked them wouldn't you think they would say yes since it's in their interests? What an odd thing to suggest.

I think Harris has top pairing upside but is more likely a 3rd pairing D unless he improves the offense more, gets stronger and adds mass. But I wouldn't count him out as he's been so impressive in the NCAA that it's all about how much he continues to progress. I think I made my points pretty clear but you just seem upset at anything I say.

As for Mete, I never said anything about the Habs being wrong to send him down so don't try and assume you know what I think. But it looks like you just want to make this more personal and didn't want to listen to my suggestion to tone it down, which I know I'm not the only poster around here to call you out on it.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
There is always a chance Harris becomes a top pairing guy (#2), but I'd say the chances are low.
Slavin was picked in the 4th round and wasn't seen as a future top pairing guy, yet he is one now.

It's just a matter of how much he can improve.

Reactions: montreal

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
once again you are just plain wrong as you can't have extremely unanimous when you have votes for both sides since unanimous is when everyone agrees.

But that's not even taking into consideration my point, which is how many people have watched him at Northeastern vs how many people have watched Mete in the NHL?

But even going further, I can understand why people don't think he has top pairing upside because it's not going to be a popular opinion despite him doubling his ppg and being one of the top U-20 blueliners in the NCAA. If he makes it as a solid 3rd pairing D for where he was picked then that's a big win for us and Timmins/Churla/scouts.

As for Mete, yes he was sent down for 7 games, yet the majority of posters in that poll said they didn't feel his defensive game got worse as you pointed out. I made that poll because I didn't have great ground on stand on since I all but stopped watching any Habs games this season other then Primeau's and Evans debuts but it still didn't sound right to me and I think you are wrong there.

For Norlinder he was doing great then he got injured and was out for over 6 weeks. But clearly before that something had changed in his game, he stopped being ultra aggressive and instead was more focused on his defensive play. I thought it was great to see. He very clearly has top pairing upside imo, I got to see a good bit of him with Modo, and while it's really too early to say since he was playing in Allsvenskan so it really should be looked at how he does next year, but he has all the tools to be a top pairing D except maybe there could be an issue with the IQ, I don't know how high it is or even if there's an issue but it's something I saw a little of that I wanted to see more of and then he was injured cam back for a few games and the season was canceled so now I have to wait till next year.

Struble reminds me of Subban so I think it's ok to say he has top pairing upside but is also the biggest wild card of anyone in the system due to just how raw he is, how little we have to go off in terms of games since it's USHS and then 21 NCAA games where he clearly had to figure some things out and earn the coaches trust as he started out on the 3rd pairing but worked his way up to the 2nd pairing and 2nd PP unit. He was really starting to put things together but then got hurt again. Like Norlinder he has the tools but I see much more red flags with the IQ then Norlinder which is why for now I would say Norlinder has the best chance to be a top pairing D, followed by Romanov, then Brook then Struble then Harris.

All good points!

I've seen Norlinder weave through traffic and make plays himself or set up line mates. I see no problem with hockey IQ but, the level of his opposition getting better will determine that for sure. His desire to be a two-way, all around D is important to me. If he becomes a McDonagh type, we'll be happy campers.

Storable is the real wild card, as you say, but the upside is interesting.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad