Does Jon Cooper make it to the end of the season?

Will Jon Cooper survive the season?

• Total voters

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
He's a good coach not sure why you'd fire him. Tough to win when your best players are under performing to start the year. Vasi hid a lot of defensive warts on this team last year and signing Kevin Shattenkirk definitely didn't fix those.

With that being said, too much talent for them to miss the playoffs. I see a hot streak coming soon.

Shattenkirk has been our best defensive player though? If there is a problem with our defense it’s that Mcdonagh and Cernak who were our most reliable pair last year have sucked ass this year.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he will get one more playoff run. If they don’t at least make it to the ECF then think he’s gone.

Bankers Box

Aug 26, 2009
If TB fires Cooper I'd love to see the following coaching changes:

Babcock to the Lighting
Cooper to the Devils
Hynes shot into the sun.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
His times up. He's been coaching some of these guys for nearly decade dating back to Norfolk. Especially with how last year ended, players just can't get psyched up to play for him anymore.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I think he'll stay but Babcock could work well for the Lightning.

The team is far more experienced than the Leafs, so they'll respond better to his system.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Babcock would be an awful fit for the lightning.
Imagine all that superstar talent going to waste.

Additionally though, Tampa has 4 games in hand on 2nd in the division, and is only 5 points back.
100% Tampa gets 5 points in 8 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stealth JD

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think the organization probably feel like the team (coach included) has earned the right to try and prove that last years loss was a fluke.

If it's another disappointment then changes will happen.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I think he gets this season + playoffs. If they win the Cup he'll get re-signed to a 2 year deal.

If they don't win the Cup, he'll be fired after the team's handshake lineup (April-June).

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
He’ll last I’m the end of the season. I know Yzerman (in his advisory role) wanted to get Quinville last year but JBB decided to extend Cooper.

Wish they stuck to the Yzerplan :(
Quennville would not have improved the Lightning.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
(citation needed)

Went digging for the article and couldn’t find it. It is possible that it’s something I heard from people in the organization, so I guess it’s a rumor.

Quennville would not have improved the Lightning.

I think he would have improved the discipline of the team, alongside winning pedigree. Would that lead the team to the cup? Who knows...probably more or less a coin flip for who would be better for the Lightning between he and Cooper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad