Does Guerzy suffer from mental illness?

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
This is most likely my final post on any part of the lounge, at least for a long time. The lounge has managed to ruin my love of posting, a love that goes back to when I was an eight year old kid. It isn't just the new generation, with the wild inconsistencies that really make me question who is making all these crazy nonsense threads. It's the way they disregard popular opinion. It's the way they post lyric threads every Saturday morning when nobody knows the song quoted. And they can basically act however they want and fans will continue to post in Lounge. Enough is enough for this long-time fan. It doesn't help that the average discussion on this forum (not the Entertainment or Garage section, but this forum as a while) is on a similar intellectual plane as a kindergarten argument about whose dad can beat up who. I'm ashamed to say I found reasons to overlook all of that for all of these years, but no more.

The Daveed Diggs Appreciation Thread last night wasn't necessarily the final straw since I had already basically decided that I was done, but it was at that moment I decided I didn't even care if there was another awful thread. I didn't even read the rest of the Lounge threads after that I was so disgusted. People can go ahead and say I'm not a real poster if they want, and they wouldn't be wrong. As of that moment I stopped being a real poster entirely. I don't know what it was but I could just feel any passion I had for it leave my body. It was the final nail in the coffin that holds the corpse of my HFBoards posting. I was a Lounge contributor for 9 years, going through the thick and the thin with this forum, but it's time to call it a show and hang it up. I've got more important things to do.

I was asked this morning by a friend of mine who was barely even a casual fan until a month or so ago, as he tried to ignore every reason I was giving him for being done with it so that he could make some futile plea for me to stick it out, what happens if the Lounge quality improves? It's a good question. If the Lounge quality improves I'll be happy for the posters. I'll be happy for you all who are able to put more behind themselves than I am capable of putting behind me. I really do appreciate all of the off topic talk I've been able to have with a lot of you, going back over nine years now.

But I've put in my dues and I feel like I have the right to walk away to Discord whenever I please. That's right now. Enjoy your summer everyone, and good luck.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
If something is being discussed in the lounge, and it's not hockey related, then it's a topic that can be freely discussed. If you don't like it, or it pisses you off, or you think it's been discussed at length already, do yourself a favor and opt out of the discussion. Nobody is forcing you to read or participate in anything you do not want to.

Reactions: Guerzy

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
JEpHDGQ.gif

Reactions: Club and John Price
Sep 19, 2008
Things we now know about Marko Dano

- will be a 1st line winger
- will be a 50-70 point player that is a beast on the PP
- will have a higher career high in points than Ladd (63 points)
- by NO means projects to be a 3rd liner
- wouldn't trade him straight up for Drouin
- Drouin has maybe a little more talent than Dano (but not much)
- has waaaay more pure skill than a Gallagher
- Danos iq and skillset is elite
- his vision is top notch
- his skill set is phenomal
- he is a very elusive player with great stick skills and vision
- is a point producer, very consistently. And this is proven over time
- will have a Marchessault like revival

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->