Does Foligno Get A Hearing For This "Move" on Myers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I can't believe how many people actually think Foligno is coordinated enough to pull a targeted hit like that at full speed, when the guy barely manages to have the coordination enough to pull off a passable 4th line role.

Looks like his stick was jammed, it popped loose, and his prying leverage he was trying suddenly had no resistance, thus the swing forward of his stick hand.
Well and the problem with the video the OP posted is it starts about halfway through the action. He originally tried to go down to block the shot.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
It looks like Foglino was trying to cross check him and fell down. When you slow footage down enough you can find all sorts of stuff that isn't really there. When HFBoards goes down the rabbit hole, that is usually how it happens.

Reactions: TaLoN

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I don't know, it does look like he punches Myers but weird things can happen when you're off balance. Does he have a history?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Not a chance this is a suspension.

Deliberately punched the knee causing Myers to stumble.

Hard to know about the injury, since he could have injured his left knee during the awkward stumble.

Hope he's okay.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
You claim there's a punch, yet his elbow stays flexed at 90 degrees the entire clip. Yes grabbing onto his left arm caused the rest of his body to swing toward Myers, thats pretty simple physics.

Normally people who are falling brace themselves.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
I dunno how to feel. It's ridiculous to punch a guys knees like that but I can't prove out how his hand at the end accelerates out of no where.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Here's another angle that shows the whole sequence.

Foligno goes down to one knee to block the shot and trips on Myers' foot as he's trying to stand up, causing him to fall forward and swing sideways as he's holding onto Myers with his left hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad