Does Foligno Get A Hearing For This "Move" on Myers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Except you are watching from your couch. The multiple opinions, which are all the same, are from ice level and from people one both sides who know the people involved.

But yes, I'm sure your all seeing eyes know better.

Except we have the advantage to form our opinion after watching several replays (slow motion and regular speed).
Let me ask you this, not sure if you have ever played sports or not, but let's assume you did. Have you never been in a situation in which you were close to the play and while it happened you had one opinion and then afterwards when you had time to assess the play and watch it again on film your changed your opinion?

I can say I have which is why there is no point to react one way or another in the heat of the moment.

So you can have your opinion, even though it seems like you are heavily relying on what others say but I don't think you have any reason to be condescending given the circumstances here.

Arguments from authority only work if the "authority" has a clear, logical, evident reason as to why X should be the case. In this scenario, I'll take Lowry seeing the play directly in front of his bench over a slow-motion replay perspective from a biased fan.

See above answer. The refs didn't see it and that is what counts, still doesn't mean it didn't happen.
As I said, I still trust my eyes and my super inferior understanding of physics (acceleration, force, counter-force, mass, etc.) over emotionally charged individuals.

The point isn't to believe Adam Lowry or anyone else over your own senses and judgement. The point is that it's possible to see this as a fluke without being biased against the Jets/in favor of the Wild.

I have zero stake in this game. I couldn't give a damn about either of those teams. If both teams moved I wouldn't shed a tear, if both teams somehow co-win the Stanley Cup and cure cancer in the process I might shrug my shoulders.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Posters on this forum need to get it into their heads that something they see in extreme slow motion is usually unintentional. I'm not just talking about this incident, it happens over and over here. Hockey is an extremely fast game. People are constantly ascribing malicious intent to things that players could never actually pull off if they tried.

That clip is how long in real time? A quarter of a second? We chop up tiny bits of film like it is the Zapruter Film. Foglino decided to take a swing between starting to fall and hitting the ice? Get real, the human body and brain don't work like that.

We have guys that can stick handle through other players legs at top speed, shoot pucks through their legs at top speed, tip slap shots out of the air while moving across the crease and bat pucks out of the air and into the net at top speed and you think they are to dumb to realize how to punch while falling?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
We have guys that can stick handle through other players legs at top speed, shoot pucks through their legs at top speed, tip slap shots out of the air while moving across the crease and bat pucks out of the air and into the net at top speed and you think they are to dumb to realize how to punch while falling?
Myers obviously wasn't coordinated enough to avoid a punch while falling.

Reactions: TJL48

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Myers obviously wasn't coordinated enough to avoid a punch while falling.

If you've ever watched Myers for more than 2 minutes you'd know he isn't very coordinated at anything. Such is life when you are 6'8.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
This is exactly what I was thinking when I read these posts about "the human body and brain doesn't work like that". It's hilarious, really :laugh: we're talking about guys who play ice hockey on an elite level :help:

Reactions: Hulide

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
This is coincidental. You don't live life in slowmotion.

Tell that to all the guys who bat pucks out of the air, tip slapshots out of the air, stick handle through legs at top speed, shoots pucks through their legs at top speed and avoid checks at top speed. Or are all those just completely coincidental too?

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
This is exactly what I was thinking when I read these posts about "the human body and brain doesn't work like that". It's hilarious, really :laugh: we're talking about guys who play ice hockey on an elite level :help:

Yeah I'm supposed to believe guys can do ridiculous feats of athleticism that I witness multiple times a game but can't punch while falling? As if it's some sort of superhuman stunt that could never be done? Absolute horse shit.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not reading through 12 pages, is there a better (longer) video yet than the one in OP where he's already half way down? Cause that video doesn't prove anything in regards to whether it was dirty or accidental or anything.

Reactions: TaLoN

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
cause he would say anything else

Yeah like he's going to throw his player under the bus... :laugh:

BB: "Marcus? Oh yeah he's a complete POS. He'd definitely attempt something like that. Without a doubt in my mind he would go after someone in an underhanded way. I mean I spend almost every day with the guy, so I would know."

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He's got two goals in the series. He's probably the guy you want to target the most. Seems to be the only one scoring for us last two games.
He’s not a dominating player though like some of the others. He may have two goals but one of them was a complete garbage goal against by Dubnyk.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He’s not a dominating player though like some of the others. He may have two goals but one of them was a complete garbage goal against by Dubnyk.

Either way. Garbage or not they were clutch goal. One almost got us back into the game last time around.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
“I don’t think there was any intent to injure or anything like that”.

I doubt there was an intent to injure. Even the worst NHL pests usually just want to make big hits and set a tone rather then actually injure a player.

I do think Foligno intentionally punched Myers in the back of the leg/knee though which resulted in an injury, even if Foligno didn’t intend to injure him.

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
As a Jets fan, it looks like a punch. But what can you do. I optimistic he will be back for game 5. Perhaps I’ll have my voice back fully from game 2 just in time to lose it again on Friday at game 5.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
I shake my head at those that think intent has anything to do with whether or not a player is disciplined. Ask Drew Doughty if intent is required. Even if this play was completely unintentional/accidental, it still was at minimum a holding penalty and a low hit that caused an injury. That's not a joke.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Let me introduce you to Marcus Foligno
And he has less than a fraction of the coordination that Myers has...yet he's so coordinated, he can surgery strike at full force while falling...

I told you guys earlier in the thread, he MUST be a Ninja! Best kept secret ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->