Does Foligno Get A Hearing For This "Move" on Myers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Meanwhile, earlier in the game that same goofball did this... (no call on the play)

Chickenwings that elbow out there quite nicely. Just a quick peck to the side of the head...a little love tap.:sarcasm:

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Yeah refs completely neautred the physical play last game. Nobody was hitting anyone for fear of a call so guys were resorting to cheap shots where ever they could get them in. Really some of the worst reffing I've seen so far in the playoffs last game. Peel is useless.

First period was particular bad. Both teams went into the dressing room, trying to figure what was a penalty, and what was not.

Reactions: rynryn

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Well, to be fair, that angle makes it look like head contact. Would like to see another angle.
Doesn't matter. The second that Trouba slams on the breaks and jumps out of the way, takes "headshot" out of the equation.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I thought it was more Foligno trying to take him off his feet, taking him out of the play. It wasnt an intent to injure. Just ****ty ****ty luck for Myers and the Jets.
Yeah after looking at it several times I would agree with this as well.
It didn't look dirty in real time at all.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Are you suggesting he didn't let up and try to side-step the hit?

Classic Melnyk-esque revisionism.

Lol. That's quite the inference.

I didn't "suggest" anything besides not being surprised that someone with a Cooke avatar is prone to blaming the victims of shady hits.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Doesn't matter. The second that Trouba slams on the breaks and jumps out of the way, takes "headshot" out of the equation.

Well, no. I'm not saying that it did or didn't happen but moving out of the way doesn't permit you to reach out and hit somebody in the head.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
NHL Rulebook
Rule 48
page 75
Let me know if you need further help.

Yeah, that doesn't help your argument, or we're not arguing the same thing. Moving out of the way doesn't "significantly contribute to the head contact", in fact, it lessens the chance. Again, my initial argument is that avoiding a check does not give you permission to hit somebody in the head. Just like if you avoid a check, it doesn't permit the player to stick out a knee to hit you.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah, that doesn't help your argument, or we're not arguing the same thing. Moving out of the way doesn't "significantly contribute to the head contact", in fact, it lessens the chance. Again, my initial argument is that avoiding a check does not give you permission to hit somebody in the head. Just like if you avoid a check, it doesn't permit the player to stick out a knee to hit you.
Not sure if you're serious with this garbage?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Not sure if you're serious with this garbage?

So if somebody is skating with the puck and somebody is going for a big open ice hit, and the player with the puck avoids him, that permits the hitter to stick out his elbow and hit him in the head? Or launch himself in the direction of the player, hitting his head with his shoulder?

And me you bud.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Get real guys. People are seriously suggesting that Foligno realised that he could take Myers out during that fall that lasted less than half a second? You guys realise both guys involved would laugh at this 'intent to injure'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->