Does Connor McDavid have a nickname?

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I remember back in junior guys referred to him as "Davo".
Brandon Davidson was interviewed on a podcast recently and he was asked what they call McDavid in the room and you are right, it is Davo.

For the fans though I'd said it's McJesus.

Reactions: A91

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
McJesus because everyone thinks he's going to save that team single handedly, but even that's not the case. Nothing can save that team, not even Jesus himself.

McJesus because he's going to be crucified, buried, and then reborn on another team. I honestly think he's gone before 25. Either as a last resort for Edmonton or demanding a trade.

member 298589

McJesus because everyone thinks he's going to save that team single handedly, but even that's not the case. Nothing can save that team, not even Jesus himself.

Obviously Jesus wouldn't save the team. He wouldn't even know how to play hockey. You think they had hockey rinks in the year 3000 BC? He would have spent his entire life without even seeing ice, so he is obviously going to be almost as bad as Lucic.

Like, be serious here. A skinny guy in a robe isn't much of an asset. Maybe use a better upper echelon like Gretzky or Kessel.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014

>Thread about what McDavid's nickname is
>Turns it onto a topic it isn't even about

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
The answer is no. It doesn't matter what some hardcore hockey fans call him in hockey forum (McJesus). Sid The Kid was used by media all the time.

Reactions: HabsQC and TychoFan

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Obviously Jesus wouldn't save the team. He wouldn't even know how to play hockey. You think they had hockey rinks in the year 3000 BC? He would have spent his entire life without even seeing ice, so he is obviously going to be almost as bad as Lucic.

Like, be serious here. A skinny guy in a robe isn't much of an asset. Maybe use a better upper echelon like Gretzky or Kessel.

I know this is a gag, and it is kinda funny. But it's also pretty funny that your joke is founded on correcting someone's knowledge of who Jesus actually was, yet you say he lived in 3000 BC. "BC" means "before Christ." He lived 3000 years before he lived?

edit: typo correction

Last edited:

member 298589

I know this is a gag, and it is kinda funny. But it's also pretty funny that your joke is founded on correcting someone's knowledge of who Jesus actually was, yet you say he lived in 3000 BC. "BC" means "before Christ." He lived 300 years before he lived?
Correcting somebody and offering erroneous counter-information is a staple of General Discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad