Does chicken soup heal?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Documented in 60AD, but used for centuries prior, there are things about warm chicken soup that is good for healing.

And homemade is better than canned

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada

Documented in 60AD, but used for centuries prior, there are things about warm chicken soup that is good for healing.

And homemade is better than canned
anybody have a good recipe for homemade? i can never get the flavor correct.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
anybody have a good recipe for homemade? i can never get the flavor correct.
A good homemade stock starts with caramelized chicken bones. That, plus a mirepoix, will get you on the right track.

Don't eat it the day you make it, and never add any potential noodles until 5 minutes or less before serving.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
A good homemade stock starts with caramelized chicken bones. That, plus a mirepoix, will get you on the right track.

Don't eat it the day you make it, and never add any potential noodles until 5 minutes or less before serving.

Don't eat it the day you make it!! That's tough haha!

I really liked soupplantation/sweet tomatoes 'five ingredient' chicken soup, i dont know if youve ever had it (maybe it's a california-only restaurant)

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Don't eat it the day you make it!! That's tough haha!

I really liked soupplantation/sweet tomatoes 'five ingredient' chicken soup, i dont know if youve ever had it (maybe it's a california-only restaurant)
I have been to CA once in my life so no, but I'm going to check it out if possible.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
DANG, there goes my secret! Or was it cinnamon? I always get those two mixed up. :huh:
Cumin adds a great earthy note that kind of fills that void in the flavour profile. Cinnamon is great with lamb and pork but not too much because it's will be strong. It pairs very well with paprika, turmeric, cumin, and other spices of northern Africa.

Reactions: hotcabbagesoup

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Cumin adds a great earthy note that kind of fills that void in the flavour profile. Cinnamon is great with lamb and pork but not too much because it's will be strong. It pairs very well with paprika, turmeric, cumin, and other spices of northern Africa.
I only use what I can buy at the dollar store. They occasionally have Campbell's.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Doesn't canned chicken soup have like 1000000MG of sodium in it? Not sure how that is beneficial.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad