Does Canada miss Tom Renney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Renney have worked with the tactics for Canada in just about every tournament for a very long time. Without Renney it now seems like Canada haven't adepted as well to the big ice ect.

I am kinda suprised that Renney isn't head coach for Canada. Its one thing to be a experienced coach in the NHL and another to know how to format a team for a tournament like this.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Ola said:
Renney have worked with the tactics for Canada in just about every tournament for a very long time. Without Renney it now seems like Canada haven't adepted as well to the big ice ect.

I am kinda suprised that Renney isn't head coach for Canada. Its one thing to be a experienced coach in the NHL and another to know how to format a team for a tournament like this.

Quinn was the same coach for the World Cup and Olympic championships Canada has. Besides, the tournament isn't over yet.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
TheFinalWord said:
Quinn was the same coach for the World Cup and Olympic championships Canada has. Besides, the tournament isn't over yet.

Not saying that the tournament is over. I actually still holds Canada as my big gold favorite.

Though, and I could be wrong, but Renney was on the coaching staff in Salt Lake, right? The WC is played with NHL rules.

I know Renney have been on the staff for the last three WCH where Canada got 2 golds and 1 silver.

Lunatik*

Ola said:
Not saying that the tournament is over. I actually still holds Canada as my big gold favorite.

Though, and I could be wrong, but Renney was on the coaching staff in Salt Lake, right? The WC is played with NHL rules.

I know Renney have been on the staff for the last three WCH where Canada got 2 golds and 1 silver.
nope exact same coaching staff as the '02 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->