Does Canada have their best group of forwards ever?

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Crosby
Mcdavid
Mackinon
Stamkos
Tavares
Hall
Seguin
Benn
Marchand
Bergeron
Giroux
Toews
Barzal
Schefele

Is this the strongest group of forwards canada has ever had?

Last edited:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Crosby
Mcdavid
Mackinon
Stamkos
Tavares
Hall
Seguin
Benn
Marchand
Bergeron
Toews
Barzal
Schefele

Is this the strongest group of forwards canada has ever had?

I'm sorry, but lul. He isn't a top 12 Canadian forward yet.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It's a good group but probably not the best. The late 50s to mid 60s, late 70s and late 80s to mid 90s were all very strong periods for Canadian forwards.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Replace Toews with Stone

Barzal would not be on team canada as a rookie

Last edited:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Posters are right when saying Barzal would no way be named to any Team Canada right now but after watching him quite a bit this year I am not sure it isn't true that he is actually one of Canadas twelve best forwards already.

The guy is an absolute handful, I mean he controls play out there like few players, this is not hyperbole from me at all, if you've watched him often you'll be a believer in this kid. His skating is INCREDIBLE and his passing is so damn sweet, great hands,touch and vision.And it isn't like he is doing it for just a few shifts a game, he does it consistently all game most games.

He's murder for the opposing team to cover, there isn't another player in the league that plays quite like him, well, at least that plays like him with that kind of skating. Watch him often..............you'll become a believer pretty quick.

Maybe not top twelve yet, but knocking on the door right now, and knocking loudly.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Posters are right when saying Barzal would no way be named to any Team Canada right now but after watching him quite a bit this year I am not sure it isn't true that he is actually one of Canadas twelve best forwards already.

The guy is an absolute handful, I mean he controls play out there like few players, this is not hyperbole from me at all, if you've watched him often you'll be a believer in this kid. His skating is INCREDIBLE and his passing is so damn sweet, great hands,touch and vision.And it isn't like he is doing it for just a few shifts a game, he does it consistently all game most games.

He's murder for the opposing team to cover, there isn't another player in the league that plays quite like him, well, at least that plays like him with that kind of skating. Watch him often..............you'll become a believer pretty quick.

Maybe not top twelve yet, but knocking on the door right now, and knocking loudly.

dont forget they usually take 13-14 forwards.

On the big ice surface I would take Barzal all day.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
the thing is Toews would be on team canada while Stones would likely not.

If team canada had a deep hole at center sure, but they do not, stone is absolutely a better player and choice for team canada. Please. He is better at everything except playing center.

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
If team canada had a deep hole at center sure, but they do not, stone is absolutely a better player and choice for team canada. Please. He is better at everything except playing center.
do youreallythink Toews would not have made team canada this year? do you think stone would have with his skating

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012

it's subjective as to whether or not Barzal is in that group of top 12 forwards. He's played like it, but 0.002% chance he would get selected for a Team Canada A-Team edition. 0% chance if Babcock is the coach.

In my rankings of Team Canadas 1 through 5. Barzal is 3rd line center on the B-team. Point LW Eberle RW. If Barzal is able to carry over this level of play into next year, then he gets some consideration.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
No. Mario and Gretzky are better than the rest combined. Weird this post became a Barzal thread but no it’s not

Reactions: Beerfish

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
At one point pretty much the entire NHL was Canadian, and Soviets didn't take hockey that seriously until the late 50's under Tarasov. My guess is Canada's best group of forwards relative to era would be sometime in the 50's with Howe, Beliveau, Bobby Hull, Geoffrion, etc.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
At one point pretty much the entire NHL was Canadian, and Soviets didn't take hockey that seriously until the late 50's under Tarasov. My guess is Canada's best group of forwards relative to era would be sometime in the 50's with Howe, Beliveau, Bobby Hull, Geoffrion, etc.
Not the 80s when they had like 10 of the top 25 players of all time plus lindros before he got concussed ?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Not the 80s when they had like 10 of the top 25 players of all time plus lindros before he got concussed ?
USSR and other nations were way better than they were in the 50's. Canada in the 50's and early 60's were so much further ahead of every country it was ridiculous. They also didn't have Lindros in the 80's.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
USSR and other nations were way better than they were in the 50's. Canada in the 50's and early 60's were so much further ahead of every country it was ridiculous. They also didn't have Lindros in the 80's.
He played in the Canada cup the year before he was playing in the nhl when was that. But not relative to other countries late 80s had the best team imo

Okay 91 to get lindros on the team

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Gretzky Mario Sakic yzerman Hull Oates messier lindros rechi Luc fleury Turgeon lafontaine ten other hall of famers

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->