does Brule compare with Yzermen?

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Kugel, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kugel

Kugel Registered User

ok before everyone jumps all over me i know stevie Y is awesome and brule hasnt even been drafted, but do u think that brule could compare with a young yzermen?
    i have only seen brule play a couple of times, so im not really sure. he has a good shot and so does steve. smaller players, etc.....

2. Mizral

Mizral Registered User

Tech support
    Home Page:
    This is the comparison I use the most. Brule I believe plays a lot like a young Yzerman, except he is perhaps more physical. He shoots, skates, and passes at a comprable level to Stevey Y. He's also a real leader on the ice, just like Stevey.

It's the physicality which sets him apart. Also, I think maybe Brule doesn't have quite the overall on-ice vision when it comes to playmaking. They are slightly different, yet very similar at the same time.

Maybe a better comparison might be Doug Weight. But Brule could be much better than Weight ever was or will be.

3. Form and Substance

Form and Substance Registered User

Brule will find his own niche. Comparing him to Yzerman at this stage...well, it's a bit early. Brule will hit his stride sometime soon, he's a very unique player. People will be comparing prospects to Brule in the next 5 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.